PDA

View Full Version : New Year Resolutions

uryjm
29-12-03, 10:17
It's that time of the year again, to resolve to change something in life you're not all that happy with. Without stating the obvious one (ok, it's "no anxiety this year", which is a wish more than a resolution)I think this year I'm giving up on the big drinking sessions. I was at the football and the pub all day with my mates on Saturday on our annual Christmas session. There were about twenty of us, a big kitty, and everyone drinking at the pace of the fastest member. I staggered home, although on waking yesterday I wasn't as hungover as I should have been. No matter though, when it comes to my anxiety, because I really expected to feel bad and therefore from the instant I opened my eyes I was telling myself to expect the worse. A few hours of this negative self-talking, and my body obliged with the panic rising, the weird sensations, the sweats, dicky tummy and so on.
Resultantly I'm thinking that maybe I should change this aspect of my life. I wouldn't want to stop drinking, as I enjoy it too much, but maybe some moderation is called for. I also think that making small changes are easier to adopt as opposed to making massive, take-it-or-leave-it ones. Like "Give up drinking altogether".
So, everybody, what are you thinking of doing differently this year coming?

Jim

Meg
29-12-03, 11:31
Jim,

It's an aim not a wish ! It's unlikely that from 01.01.04 that you will be anxiety free but it's something to aim for and by Q3 it could be a reality .

I think your choice of New Year change is a brilliant one... Good luck.

Crispy Cornflake
29-12-03, 13:28
I too have decided to give up on the drinking binges in the new year, and to try and regain my lost fitness. Is there a connection I wonder to being fit (I mean fit in athletic terms, not medically fit btw) and lack of anxiety symptoms. I have become quite lazy in the last year or so and my anxiety has increased as a result.

benoo5
29-12-03, 14:02
my resolution,is to get my teeth fixed,i was beaten up a few months ago,whilst working,and i have three broken,and one a little wobbly...ive been putting it off,as ide rather have a baby,than go to the dentist..but my team leader is giving me grief,so thats my resolution....bryan.

Meg
29-12-03, 17:48
Hi Crispy ,

Yes there is a strong connection between regular exercise and less anxiety. So get going and back to fitness.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
29-12-03, 21:08
Mine is to start the diet again - I have started early this year and went for a swim tonight to start it all off.

I never make new years resolutions but if anyone has read my post about "xmas party blues" then my wish for next year is to be in that slinky dress - lol

Nicola

sadie
29-12-03, 21:38
Hi all,

I am one of those people that make new years resolutions but never seem to stick to any of them..in fact I never ever remember I made any in the 1st place.

However, this year I have decided to make a pact with myself..so not actually a resolution as such. I promise to look after myself..emotionally, physically, nutritionally and spirituality. Something I now realise I have neglected for some time. How I do this doesnt really matter too much, but as long as I make the effort somehow to do it. I will buy my journal and will log all my experiences whether good or bad throughout the next year. I hope that by the end of 2004 I can look back and see for myself just how far I have come. Hope we can all do the same.

Take care

sadie