PDA

View Full Version : Another scared one

janey
15-08-05, 18:50
hello

i have been looking here for a while so thought I would join to see if anyone cud help

i suffer from swallowing problems and constantly feel like the base of my throat is closing off and I have to breathe out or cough to check i can breath it is very frightening and i worry that it will just close and i wont be able to breat cud this acyually happen?

janey

michelleann
15-08-05, 18:56
hi janey
firstly a big warm welcome to you[8D]
you have a classic anxiety symptom, very scary we all know i only had this symptom for a few weeks but i remember the more i thought about and touched it the worse i felt luckly it passed.
you are in the right place for loads of help and advice and we are all here for each other:D
take care hun
michelle xxx

nomorepanic
15-08-05, 18:59
Welcome Janey

They are both common symptoms of anxiety and I have the throat thing at the moment as well.

Try this current post for some more info and loads of links on there to other posts on here.

Strange feeling in one lung (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4632)

It can't happen by the way so nothing terrible will happen to you.

Hope you can be reassured by some other posts.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Barb
15-08-05, 19:02
Hi Janey

A big warm welcome to the site. I dont have the swallowing problems, but I did used to get feelings that I couldnt breath all anxiety of course. You will get lots of help and support here

Luv Barb xx

eviepeaches
15-08-05, 19:03
Hiya Janey

welcome

same thing has happened i can understand what your going though.

Jade X :-) X

Piglet
15-08-05, 19:05
Hi Janey

Welcome to the site, you are in the right place to get some support!

Love Piglet[8D]

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Karen
15-08-05, 19:09
Hi Janey

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
15-08-05, 19:09
No Janey,

It couldn't actually happen.

Its called globus hystericus and is a natural reaction to being anxious, sad, scared.

Do read those links Nic sent you and read how many other people have felt similar things to you.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

pinkscrumpy
15-08-05, 20:58
Hi Janey

Welcome to the site

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Ambience
15-08-05, 21:14
Heya,

I'm a Janey too :) Welcome to the site hun,

Love Janey xx

janey
15-08-05, 22:32
hi

thanks for being kind replying. I am glad it wont close its just it feel so scary and so real - i guess i should of paid more attention in biology!

janey

pips
16-08-05, 16:56
Hi Janey,

A BIG warm welcome to the site. I do hope it helps you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X