PDA

View Full Version : Enough Is Enough, the story continues

Chrismascray
16-04-09, 11:43
Hi all, well if you have seen and so kindly sent messages to my Previous post(S) Enough is Enough, some of you were interested to know how it went at the Doc's. Well I went Yesterday, for those of you who havent read the post, I thought I had Bowel Cancer, so made the appointment, ten days to wait!! then I couldnt see my regular Doc so I was concerned about seeing a new one, he wouldnt know me, my symptoms anxiety etc etc , that made me feel pretty anxious in its self, sat in the waiting room churning gurgling sore tummy, then off I went in, well the Man was great, he should have been wearing Tweed, have a crooked pipe and pair of half glasses on his nose, real old school, I like Doctors like that, gives me the sense they have seen it so many times before and I trusted him almost straight away, I know I know, Its my age " it was al so much better way back when", but a Doctor with some authority, calm and seemigly all knowing is what I need. So I sat and spoke non stop for what seemed like ages, It does this and that painful gurgling wind nausea etc etc , he typed furiousley as I rattled out my symptoms, only to stop and look to the heavens as I said I had googlerd my symptoms and was sure iot as Bowel Cancer as the Symptoms are so similar to IBS, " WHO on eather told you that?, American sites." he tutted and looked at the screen he had been typing on to, " can you tell me there is nothinmg wrong and to s*d off?" I asked him, he chuckled and said he would when he could get va wrod in edgewise, I stopped talikng, he looked at my symptoms, " there is absolutley nothing here to suggest anything like Cancer" he said, with that air of Knowing that puts you mind at rest, he then went on to expain the differences in Bowel Cancer, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Crohns Desease, I cannot rember all he said or I would repeat it here for you, but suffice to say he didnt see any rteason at all to send me any further up the Medical scale for tests or any thing, as he said and this bit I rememer " you havent told me anything to make me concerned or to suggest you might need further tests" I fought the urge to give him a hug, I figured he wouldnt like that. I sat and questioned him a little and then asked about the back feelings etc, went through the list one more time , just to be sure you understand, and eventually sdaid " shall I bugger off now and let you deal with sick people" he smiled and said it was never an issue, any time I had a 'problem' I should see him, it wasnt an issue. The only slight dissapointment was last night and this mornig, It hasnt gone away, but then after a month of IBS I guess it will take its time, My little boy has his arm broken, I said to myself, he had an X ray, just because the diagnosis was there and correct didnt mean the symptoms werew going to disappear, so I sit and quietly churn, a little discomfort but safe knowing the Old School Doc says it is cool. So there you go folks, it seems its all OK.
I just need to say THANK YOU again to the strangers that are friends, faces I may well never see that have replied and helped me, seems silly a Grown man 51 years old rough and tough to the outside world, but what lies beneath is unknown, and it is a great help when people take the time to care, CHEERS.

amandaj
16-04-09, 12:10
glad everything went well for you and it is nice to hear of good dr for once

Peggysl
16-04-09, 13:26
Great stuff!

So glad you're feeling more positive. A decent Doctor makes such a difference.

Take care,

Pegs XX