PDA

View Full Version : Cheer up Everyone!

Peggysl
16-04-09, 13:17
Hello Everyone

For anyone that has followed my threads previously, a quick update....I have an appointment on 28th with the Thoracic Surgeon, and the I shall have more news on what is going to happen to the lump in my lung. My Consultant and her team feel it would be best to take it out by 'Wedge resection' (Anyone had one?) hopefully with keyhole surgery, and then we will know for sure what it is. She reckons that even if it turns out to be cancer, the op would be the curative treatment...which sounds very positive to me!
The strange thing is, that if I had been told 6 months ago that I had a tumour in my lung, I think I would have gone crazy, but by finding out that it is CONFINED to my lung, seems to be a relief. Although I had no 'symptoms' as such, I found that I was so stressed when too far away from medical help as I was terrified of having an asthma attack. For various reasons I have been plagued with HA, and what I have realised is that it wasn't caused from 'imagined' symptoms. I'm sure many of you are the same.
Some folk 'enjoy' bad health...we all know someone like that! But if you are genuinely concerned about something, it has to have come from somewhere!
Hence, when I received the good news that the rest of my body is clear....the actual problem doesn't seem so bad after all. Oh, and my condition was found totally by fluke!
Maybe we have a built in radar system, or as Jojo says, our Guardian Angels are watching over us?
I have read a few 'success' stories on this forum today, which made me smile and proves it's not all doom and gloom!
Take care everyone! Will keep you all updated.....

Love Pegs XX

RosieXXX
16-04-09, 13:53
Hello Peggy,

I had been wondering how you have been getting on, and pleased to hear you are feeling up beat. Yes, it is brilliant news the lump is only confined to your lung, and can be dealt with by a Wedge Section (I don't know about this procedure), but if it can be done with keyhole surgery that sounds great.

I am sure there is a defining incident in most HA peoples' lives when health anxiety kicks off. I think it is often triggered by stress overload, and the stress is transferred to symptom related worry. Whatever the underlying reasons are it is a dreadful thing to cope with, and unfortunately I don't think it is easily understood by others - even the medical profession, which can make people feel even more isolated. Thank goodness for the NMP site.

Anyway, I wish you all the best for the 28th. What a relief it will be for you once this is all over - it seems to me you have remained pretty level headed throughout this awful ordeal, and I am so pleased everything looks positive for you.

Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Rosie x x

Peggysl
16-04-09, 19:02
Hi Rosie

Thanks for your cheerful message!

I assure you, I have had days, while awaiting results and appointments, that I have vomited from the anxiety.
The bottom line is, not knowing - or being unsure, is a million times worse than having the facts and dealing with it.

Anyone waiting for test results will agree with this. Hang in there.

Love Pegs XX