PDA

View Full Version : Can an anxiety attack come out of now where?

Charlotte84
16-04-09, 13:46
About a month ago my boyfriends mum had surgery to remove a cyst which contained cancerous cells, I was worried the whole time and couldnt really concentrate or stop thinking about it and her.

She got told last week that they are not going to give her chemo and that all looks ok which is good news!

Then last week i had a panic attack, it started i had a slight headache that wouldnt seem to shift, which freaked me out as i can usually just take some paracetamol and get rid of it with this i couldnt! since then ive had this weird pressure like feeling in my head which then led me to have about 3 panic attacks in about 3days. when i get like this i cant bare to eat anything and all i can think of is what if there is something seriously wrong with me??!!! as last panic attack i had didnt involve being lightheaded and a dull headache i just got palpatations and could bare to be anywhere but home.

Can attacks happen after a stressful event? I thought i wouldve had these attacks while i was actually stressing about her but i seemed to get them as soon as i relaxed and felt relieved

x

Rhian_78
16-04-09, 14:18
when you body is anxious and in a state of anxiety you thrive on adrenaline, which you were probably doing whilst she was undergoing treatment

now she is ok and you start to relax a little your body doesn't like you being relaxed, hence the awareness of your symptoms, if that makes sense

yes it is possible to get panic and anxiety after the event, in fact more common its like a relief/release mechanism and its often responsive to a stress, though not always, you don't ahve to be consciously thinking of something to panic

hoep that helps and u are feeling ok

rhian xx

LisaLisa
16-04-09, 15:31
About a month ago my boyfriends mum had surgery to remove a cyst which contained cancerous cells, I was worried the whole time and couldnt really concentrate or stop thinking about it and her.

She got told last week that they are not going to give her chemo and that all looks ok which is good news!

Then last week i had a panic attack, it started i had a slight headache that wouldnt seem to shift, which freaked me out as i can usually just take some paracetamol and get rid of it with this i couldnt! since then ive had this weird pressure like feeling in my head which then led me to have about 3 panic attacks in about 3days. when i get like this i cant bare to eat anything and all i can think of is what if there is something seriously wrong with me??!!! as last panic attack i had didnt involve being lightheaded and a dull headache i just got palpatations and could bare to be anywhere but home.

Can attacks happen after a stressful event? I thought i wouldve had these attacks while i was actually stressing about her but i seemed to get them as soon as i relaxed and felt relieved

x

hiya

Just to say i have noticed that when you get that worry that there is something wrong physically that comes with panic attacks it is usually so much more frightening that worry about purely physical symptoms if you see what i mean. Its like i know when my symptoms are purely panic anxiety related because i get a deep fear of them, because i know my brain is in panic mode so im not seeing things as they really are, its a sure sign to me to ignore the physical symptom, and treat it as panic which means do something nice to distract yourself.

Lisa
xxx