PDA

View Full Version : Smear test worries

tracythejambo
16-04-09, 16:34
Hiya, This is the first time I have used this so hope my post ok. I first had problems with my smear test results back in 1999 they kept coming back unreadable so I was referred to the hospital where they found a shadow on my womb which after biopsy was okay. I was under the hospital until I have 3 normal results every 6 months. I then get them done at the gps every year but since July 2006 my results seem to come back unreadable. The last test was done by my nurse and I bled through it but she said it would be ok. It came back unreadable again so the gp phoned and asked for me to come in and get tested for chylmadia, this also came back negative. I am waiting to go for another test. My periods are also a nightmare I cant go out for a day in case I leak and I also get clots!! On sunday last week I developed this pain in my lower stomach which I still have (thursday afternoon). I am feeling very squeemish and bloated and am not eating very well. Is this connected or am I going mad!!! I lost my Dad to cancer recently and think I maybe a little paranoid. BTW I have been steralised and had a period last month so not pregnant.:doh:

sahara
16-04-09, 19:39
I am not suprised you are feeling anxious hunni, I am so sorry to hear you lost your Dad recently. I lost my Mum to cancer just before Christmas and one of my first reactions - whilst grieving for her - was to start panicking about cancer. So big hugs and also I think it is a fairly natural reaction despite having health anxiety, which I do. My Dr said people who have lost someone to cancer quite often then worry they have it.

I can't explain you stomach pain, but I bet alot if it is due to your anxiety and all the stress you have been through.

Regarding the smear, unreadable means as far as I am aware they don't have enough cells to look at to give a reading, not anything serious - except for adding to your worry and frustration.

As far as your periods go - I know how you feel because I suffer the same with them. So I just want to give you one of these :bighug1: