PDA

View Full Version : Bein Judged!

daniel22
16-04-09, 17:43
Hi all!

ive been suffering from anxiety and panic disorder now for 4 months. before all this happened i have severe depression. 2 days ago i took an overdoes but not to try killing myself but to prove i can still have control, people judge me by saying im selfish and pathectic. i did this bcus my panic attacks control me and i wanted to feel control even for one min but now getting load of bad judgements at me. any one had the same or similer.

nicoleannette
16-04-09, 17:59
Hi daniel,
I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling like this. An overdose more often that not is a form of self-harm. I have done it a few times, enough to know I would never want to do it again. For me it was wanting to escape for a little while, I can understand your desire to want to take control. Something like this is very difficult for many people to understand, there is a lot of stigma related to it. First you need to accept this and then you need to start being active and take control in healthier ways. Talking to people here is one step.

The desperation leading to an overdose is hard but at the end of the day you are stronger. Have you spoken to a doctor about your panic disorder?

x