PDA

View Full Version : Hi, my name is Fran

frannorth
16-04-09, 18:06
I have been on antidepressants for three years and finally came off them four months ago. I was really pleased with my success and felt like I had been given a whole new lease of life. The trouble is I have been starting to suffer from anxiety attacks again and am feel like UI am slipping back down into the abyss - bit melodramatic but true. I feel very alone and would just like to chat with other people who feel the same to know that there is hope. I dont want to go back on medication as I already feel like I have lost three years of my life. I am a working mum of three and just want to get on with my life!!!!!!!!!!

duskess
16-04-09, 20:22
Hello Fran , Welcome to NMP , Sorry to hear you are having anxiety again , dont feel alone pm me whenever you like and im sure everyone will give you support , yes pop into the chat room too , best wishes Dusky x

diane07
16-04-09, 20:37
Hi Fran,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

There are loads who are in the same situation as you so we'll help you all we can.

best wishes

di xx

Southern_Belle
17-04-09, 00:41
Hi Fran,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

Tori Frances
17-04-09, 09:34
Hi Fran,
Sorry you are having such a horrible time. What makes you feel like being on antidepressants for 3 years has lost you 3 years of your life? Have you been ill all this time? In this case you were on wrong ones. If not maybe think of it as a positive thing - that there is something out there that works for you? Do you suffer from side effects?
All th advice here should provide you with a way through though - whatever is right for you.

kittykat
17-04-09, 11:24
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support on here, take care xx

frannorth
17-04-09, 18:08
Hi to everyone and thankyou for your support. Re your question Tori, I feel like I have spent the last three years in a daze viewing the world and me from a window. When I came off my meds I felt much more alive and responsive to life, three months down the line and I am sliding backwards. I dont want to go back on medication so I was hoping to get advice from others about how to cope and move on. I have read all of the advice but would like to share the experiences of others to learn from them and to realize that Im not alone.