PDA

View Full Version : ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER

pinkscrumpy
15-08-05, 21:26
Hello everyone

Can I have a little moan and any advice if possible.

A couple of weeks ago I awoke to a really bad back, right at the base of my spine. Over a couple of days it got even worse of course by this time I had convinced myself that I had CANCER OF THE PELVIC BONE.

I went to the docs who said that my muscles were so tight in my back that he had trouble examining me so gave me 5mg of valium for a muscle relaxer and co-codamol for the pain.

The valium is ok but I only take it before I go to bed so that I can sleep but the co-codamol hasn't touched the pain.

Although my back is a little better the one thing scaring me is the pain that it gives me arround the front area sort of like really bad period pains. It also hurts when I put pressure on my bum like sitting, but the worst of it all is the constant leg pains that I am having to endure. Its like a constant cramp in both legs with a bit of pain mixed in.

So of course because of the leg pain and front pain, I have definately got the cancer as well as cervical cancer and hardened arteries of the legs.

I am constantly sweating and keep falling asleep. I am finding it very hard to keep my eyes open at all.

What a mess.

What do I do?

The pain is really getting me down, but then with everything I have convinced myself it is, I'll be dead next week anyway

Sorry for rambling, but didn't know who else to confide in that wouldn't laugh at me. I hope

Take care

[:I][V]

MANDIE XX

kairen
15-08-05, 22:01
no, no one would laugh at you, im sure we have all had those thoughts at some time,
have you made another appointment at the doctors, im sure if you go back he/she will be able to put your mind at rest,

im sure as your back was so tense that your whole body is too which wont be helping, do you have any relaxation tapes you can listen to, a lot of them have exersizes that make you tense and relax your muscles

hope you feel better soon take care

kairen x

Piglet
16-08-05, 10:39
Hi Mandie

I think go back to doc just to tell him its not really hitting the pain incase he can give you something else.

Its got to be connected with how tight your muscles are, surely??? I wonder if some sort of massage would release it.

I know due to my anxiety I get headaches and thats to do with how tense my neck mucles are.

I hope you can get it sorted as its not funny to be in pain hun is it.

Love Piglet

Quirky
16-08-05, 11:25
Hi Mandie (twin),
I have had exactly the same back problems you describe, alot of the time mine is sciatica. I have it right now too. I see a chiropractor for mine and it really helps. You feel period type pains as all the nerves in that area are connected, so don't worry it's completely normal. It's also normal to have pain in the legs for the same reason. In my experience pain killers don't do much for this type of pain, it's only the chiropractor who has helped my back.
Take care,
Love LJ

pinkscrumpy
16-08-05, 16:14
Kairen and Piglet

Thankyou so much for your replies. I am gonna ring the docs again in the morning to see if I can get another apointment.

LJ (twin)

I had to laugh when I saw that you had posted me (sorry) What are we both like.

I think you could be right about the sciatica. The pain is awful. When I am trying to rest at night it keeps me awake.

Will let you know how I get on.

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

Quirky
16-08-05, 17:40
Good luck at the doctors mandie, hope you get some help.
No offence at the laughing, I laughed when I typed it too!
Love LJ X

pips
16-08-05, 20:44
Hi Mandie,

Sorry to hear you are in alot of pain. I to suffer with a lower pain in my back especially after waking. I think mine could be due to sleeping funny though.

I do hope the Doctor can sought something out for you! Good Luck.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

pinkscrumpy
18-08-05, 20:05
Hi all

LJ

When to the docs and guess what he believes I have sciatica. What a surprise.

Been up to the hospital today for x ray and got to go back to docs in a couple of weeks to see how it is. He said it should get better on its own.

Great something else to worry about. As if we don't have enough already.

Love

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

Quirky
18-08-05, 22:13
Hi Mandie,
Good to hear you went back to the doctors. If it is sciatica the x-ray will be clear anyway so don't worry about the results. I was diagnosed with it without ever having an x-ray. I've had it on and off for five or so years, since I last fell of a horse! It can be excruciatingly painful but isn't serious or life threatening. I now see my chiropractor when it plays up and it works a treat. Sometimes I need two sessions but then it can go away for months. In my experience it takes a long time to get better on it's own, mine always need the chiropractor to shift it, a physiotherapist or osteopath could help too.
Anyway take care and try not to worry, thinking of you,
Love LJ