PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and just wanted to say Hello

SusyB
16-04-09, 21:34
Hi, I suffer from anxiety and have done in varying degrees for probably five years or more now. I just wanted to feel like I wasn't the only person out there who suffers from general anxiety disorder. I have good and bad days but I know my husband must get tired of having to listen to me and support me each time I have a 'blip'.

I think I am gradually learning to manage it, I'm not so frightened of the feelings and symptons that result from it anymore as I know they will pass. I do yoga, read plenty of self help books on the subject, have meditation tapes, exercise, try to follow a healthy diet but I do like a glass of wine. My children keep me on track I am sure.

SusyB xx :)

suzy-sue
16-04-09, 21:39
Hello Susy and :welcome: to N.M.P. youll find lots of support and info here luv Sue

skyblue
16-04-09, 21:53
Hi susy

I to am a newbie,and am glad to have found this site. you seem quite positive and are trying lots of things to help.

I have suffered from anx,and panic attacks for too many years and have tried various things CBT,counselling,meds,hypno,but all i could hear was my mum looking at all his orniments :)

im on a low this week and im off work,(again)i wont be employee of the month ha ha...

trouble is i dont tell any one as i find it difficult to speak about,still im sure things will get better.

hope you keep well

speak soon
Skyxx:blush:

Southern_Belle
17-04-09, 00:42
Hi Susy,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

kittykat
17-04-09, 11:22
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support on here, take care xx