PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline - missed pills

Angelai
17-04-09, 00:21
Hi

I've been on Sertraline (this time) for about 18 months, currently 100mg. I ran out last Thursday, forgot it was bank holiday, and so missed 4 days. I've missed odd days before, but never this many in a row. Anyway, by the fourth day I was starting to feel strange - lightheaded/spacey, the electric shock/brain jarring things and really tired and weak. I took a pill on Tuesday and Wednesday, then Weds afternoon I started to feel really sick. I took an anti-sickness pill but it carried on, and I then had bad stomach pain (high up, under ribs - all bloated and hard). I still felt rough when I got up in the morning. I wondered if this could all be because of missing 4 days, then starting again? I haven't taken a pill today because I'm scared of feeling ill again:weep:

So, anyone else had this? Could it all be anxiety? I don't want to be scared to take it...

Thanks

cedlong
18-04-09, 20:40
Hi there,

Get to the doctor. It sounds like sudden discontinuation from the Sertraline. Basically, for 4 days you went 'cold turkey' and feel terrible. I'd get back on them immediately, but get to see the doc tomorrow.

Angelai
19-04-09, 21:21
Thanks for the reply - I am feeling a lot better than I did (I've been taking the pills properly!)