PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

tammyg
16-08-05, 10:57
Hello all,
Just thought I would take a bit of time to intoduce myself before I start posting. The first thing I want to say is how excited I was to find this site and how friendly and kind everyone is. I had a brief look around yesterday, looking for people with the same problem as me (emetophobia-fear of being sick). And somehow I ended up in the chat room. I don't know why but I was really nervous but everyone was so kind and really put me at ease. Thank you to all those people in there last night who made me feel welcome. Sites like this are really important for me because no-one actually knows about my phobia although I have had it for as long as I remember. Things happened when I were little that meant that no-one actually ever found out and now it just kinda feels like the moment has gone, you know. This is one of my main issues because I am a teacher and am wonderin (following a horrific end of term sickness incident) whether I would be better off just telling my classroom assistant (who is also my friend who I trust very much) just in case it should ever happen again.... Anyway I will leave it there for now but any thoughts on how to go about it would be greatly apreciated. Thank you.
Tam x

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself"
Franklin D. Roosevelt

kate
16-08-05, 11:11
Hi Tam,

Was lovely to meet you in chat last night. Did you do a search on here for Emetophobia?

Welcome to the forum!

Kate x

seh1980
16-08-05, 11:22
Welcome aboard Tam!! Hope we can offer you some good support :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

kairen
16-08-05, 11:24
Hi Tammy

welcome to the site, have you read all the welcome page there is loads of info there that will help you,

take care

kairen x

Meg
16-08-05, 11:58
Welcome Tammy

Glad you're finding understanding and support

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

nomorepanic
16-08-05, 13:08
Tam

Welcome aboard. I am thinking about writing a section on Emetophobia for the website but I am not an expert in it so need to research it first.

There is a great website for sufferers that I will look up for you (the search engine on here doesn't seem to work at the moment so Alex is looking at it now).

Hope you get some great support on here.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

michelleann
16-08-05, 13:15
hi tammy
welcome to the site
ive just told my friend about my anxiety and she was really supportive, if you really trust your friend i would tell her as it is a huge relief to talk to someone and have some support! and now you have all of us aswell:D
hope to speak to you soon
take care michelle xxx

Piglet
16-08-05, 13:18
Hi Tam

Welcome to the site.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

tammyg
16-08-05, 15:15
Thank you all for your friendly welcomes :D I think this site will really help me. Thanks for the advice michelleann, maybe I will... its really hard though!
Nicola - thank you, its very kind of you to take time out to look something up for me. A section for emetophobia would be great... I didn't even realise it was quite a common one until I came here!
Thanks again everyone:D

Franklin D. Roosevelt

nomorepanic
16-08-05, 15:27
Try this previous post ...

EXPOSURE THERAPY... (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2712)

and this website may help ..

http://www.gut-reaction.freeserve.co.uk/emetophobia.htm

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

pinkscrumpy
16-08-05, 16:00
A big warm welcome to you Tammy

:D:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

tammyg
16-08-05, 18:50
Thanks Nicola, they were helpful.
Kate - it was good talking to you too. And yes thank you, I have found a few more bits and pieces now that I am a bit more familiar with the site:D Hope to chat to you again soon.
Tam x

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Karen
16-08-05, 20:19
Hi Tammy

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pips
16-08-05, 20:34
Hi Tammy,

A BIG warm welcome to the site hun.

I hope it helps you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Ambience
16-08-05, 23:02
Welcome Tam,

I don't have any experience of what you are going through, i can't be sick at all no matter how bad i hold it down so that i don't have to expereience it, but i don't fear it. I can sympathise with you as fear is a horrible thing. I personally suffer with agorphobia and panic disorder and have foudn this forum invaluable. It's so amazing and the people are really lovely,

Big Hugs * HUGS*,
All the best, hope to see you in chat sometime,
Love Janey x

"There would be nothing to frighten you if you refused to be afraid." "Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it." Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." "Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared." "Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death" "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."

tammyg
17-08-05, 15:40
Thank you all for your kind welcomes. I have found the site so useful already. Janey you are right, everyone is so lovely. Hope to chat to you sometime:D
Love Tam

Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is.