PDA

View Full Version : Stay the hell away from caffine!

abramellin
17-04-09, 15:36
I developed my issues well over a year ago now, I quit caffine the second it all started. I had some tonight thinking well it should not doing anything that bad. WRONG! Within and hour I was shaking like crazy, tight chest heart palps sweating etc. It lasted for 2 hrs..

Just so you know I have my issues under a fair amount of control these days so this was pretty extreme and reminded me of panic from the past. I seriously advise those who don't consume caffine to continue on that path. Pheww im only now recovering 3 hrs later.

Anyone else had this?

Nicola_lou
17-04-09, 15:47
Thanks for the advise only I'm drinking a cup of tea now reading it. I didn't drink tea for two days this week and yes I did feel fine but I didn't put it down to that. But I'm only drinking herbal from now on I think to see if I do see an approvment. I did read not to drink a lot of caffine and avoid coffee at all costs and I have. But there is caffine in tea to but not as much so ill give it a go. Thanks

Southern_Belle
17-04-09, 15:51
I do drink one very weak cup of coffee in the morning, it is mostly cream. ;) I stopped for a couple of weeks and we had a cold spell again so I made another cup and I didn't see a difference for me. I can't, however, drink anything else like all of those strong caffiene drinks so I do agree with you.

Laura xxx

abramellin
17-04-09, 16:04
Thanks for the advise only I'm drinking a cup of tea now reading it. I didn't drink tea for two days this week and yes I did feel fine but I didn't put it down to that. But I'm only drinking herbal from now on I think to see if I do see an approvment. I did read not to drink a lot of caffine and avoid coffee at all costs and I have. But there is caffine in tea to but not as much so ill give it a go. Thanks

Give it a try see if it helps :)

abramellin
17-04-09, 16:05
I do drink one very weak cup of coffee in the morning, it is mostly cream. ;) I stopped for a couple of weeks and we had a cold spell again so I made another cup and I didn't see a difference for me. I can't, however, drink anything else like all of those strong caffiene drinks so I do agree with you.

Laura xxx

Well you see this was rum and coke. Now I have had a few drinks in the past year and it has not had a negative effect, but I have not had any caffine. Also i think there was a loooot of caffine in this drink.

viremarthius
17-04-09, 16:58
Coffee makes my bowels go...."OMG GET OUT!!" Not fun...

Anxious_gal
17-04-09, 17:35
I drink low caffeine coffee, not more than 2 cups a day. I LOVE my coffee, i really look forward to it :)

if I have more than two cups my tummy will feel sick.
I think a small amount of caffeine does no harm but it depends on your body,

daniel22
18-04-09, 02:04
My doctor has told me to stay off coffee, he suggested that if i must drink coffee then i should have decaf instead. i have only 2 decaf coffee a day mostly drink fruit juices now which is good for my Vc.:yesyes:

Lou17
18-04-09, 02:15
Im the same, once I have caffeine I shake like crazy (twitch), I know this, yet I cant stop having the odd cappachino.

purplehaze
19-04-09, 03:55
I love coffee and drink about 5 cups a day with no ill effect but then we are all different. DECAF is like eating low-fat choc which is a waste of good choc

Cassa63
27-05-09, 07:26
I haven't had any caffeine (coke zero) since last night. Woke up this morning with a head ache (fixing that with panadol). Have felt really tired and heavy eyed all day. Shaking inside and my legs feel like lead. Pulse is racing a bit. I presume this is withdrawal symptons? It's nearly as bad as an anxiety attack.

Carol.

Lion King
27-05-09, 09:13
I have quit caffeine completely, I now drink chomamile tea which I have grown to like as a substitute. I did have one day last week where I had 3 cups of coffee over the day, I found that it made me feel quite shaky with palpitations, from this I have realised that I no longer need caffeine and I have enjoyed alternate drinks instead, such as mentioned before and fruit juices and cordial drinks. By the way I have suffered with High levels of anxiety, I am now on the road to recovery!

Lion King

Lel
27-05-09, 12:41
I used to consume a lot of coffee and it most definitely made my panic worse... a little while back I had a weak cappuccino, and just like you've mentioned, I started shaking and sweating and felt like I was going to faint or implode. I drink chicory now... which is a no-caffeine coffee replacement and with some milk and agave syrup (which is excellent because it doesn't affect your sugar levels) it tastes delectable. I can drink 4 cups a day, it's actually mildly calming so it has the opposite effect of caffeine while still satisfying my craving for that taste.

Dreamer029
30-05-09, 05:03
caffeine does this to me at times...it seems to build up...then I will quit drinking it for awhile give myself a break and restart it again. that coffee is just so irresistable!

becky000
30-05-09, 17:16
I gave up caffeine years ago. It has a bad effect on me, making me really shaky which then causes more anxiety - the last thing I need. The doctor also told me to stay away from it. I drink decaf coffee and tea and stay away from coke. There's caffeine in alot of things so you need to check labels. Chocolate is hard to stay away from though...... Not everyone has this reaction - my brother also suffers from anxiety and doesn't have a problem with coffee at all.

Hereford Al
01-06-09, 01:47
I have been feeling so much better since I started drinking only de-caf Tea a few months ago.

Tea, Coffee and fizzy pop used to make me really wired/dizzy, on edge all the time and completely unable to relax or sometimes unable to sleep at night.

I still prefer a nice glass of mineral water or something though!

xfilme
01-06-09, 02:53
i am the same as purplehaze. i can drink as many cups as i like, day or night and it makes no difference. In saying that it is only instant coffee. I worked for a year as a barista making/drinking strong coffee... in unlimited supply on a daily basis, and i think it has pretty much upped my tolerence so much im almost immune to the effects. it is by far my favourite drink. To be honest I have no recollection of it ever effecting me. It doesnt even keep me awake.

mdLc
01-06-09, 06:05
I have always loved coffee and pepsi..since having my attacks come back I have stopped drinking both..last week I thought I was good and tried a cup of coffee and spent the whole night on edge with palps...its just not worth it to me anymore...