PDA

View Full Version : Is this derealisation?

starlight78
17-04-09, 21:12
Hi All,

I always worry a bit about typing my symptoms in case i upset people or trigger more symptoms in them.. so sorry if it does:unsure:

I've had anxiety and depression in the past however recently i had a very bad panic attack after a build up of anxiety and i had some of the strangest thoughts and ideas during and after.. they have continued since although much less intense..

Its going to sound so odd but i had this overwhelming feeling of being so tiny and insignificant in the universe and the sheer size of the sky, and the world terrified me! My thinking snow balled from there rerally and i started to look at info regarding the universe etc etc and found it all too much for my head to cope with!

On occasion over the last few weeks i've felt so detached from the world and as if i and everyone else are just going through the motions... Its so hard to put into words and i'm explaining it badly, i'm sorry.

I've found the best way to deal with it is to ground myself and focus on loved ones and little pleasures like reading and my dog.. this has helped me get it into perspective...

I am really intrigued though as to what brought on these strange fears and questions and wondered if anyone had similar experiences or any ideas on what this is?

Many Thanks for reading xx

Lawton86
17-04-09, 21:24
Please search for the thread constant derealisation, its got soo mjuch info on how i felt and others. tell me if it helps

starlight78
18-04-09, 21:31
Does anyone else have any ideas or experiences of DP or DR?? Would be so grateful for any info.. xx

Danny_dingle
18-04-09, 22:25
Hey Starlight,

I get these quite badly on occasion, and along with my HA, they are one of the symptoms I absolutely hate!

I feel like I have lost all sense of my own identity, like I don't matter and no-one cares who I am or what I do... it is a similar kind of thing. Also, I feel like someone has put a goldfish bowl on my head and I am not really where I am; like there is some sort of invisible shield between me and everyone else and I don't want to listen to anyone or talk. Last time I felt like this I nearly ran away to the seaside because I couldn't cope!

It is a 'normal' part of anxiety, sadly, but it does pass if you do something about it. Psychopoet makes a good point about it in his thread 'Citalopram Survival Guide' - look it up there too, even if you aren't on meds. Last time I got it was about 5 weeks ago, I was at work and I was so sick of panicking, I think my head just gave up and went into shutdown, and that is why it sent me into DP and DR.

Sorry I haven't really given you much advice on getting better there, but maybe just knowing you aren't alone will help you.

Take care sweetie,

Danny xxx

starlight78
18-04-09, 23:14
Bless you.. thank you Danny. Your reply was really helpful and comforting xx

Danny_dingle
18-04-09, 23:24
Starlight,

You're quite welcome Hun glad to know I have helped :)

Hope you are feeling better soon.

xxx