PDA

View Full Version : What Could This Be?

Trish
17-04-09, 23:48
For sometime now i have had cold like symptoms. My sinuses fill up on and off during the day, my voice goes croaky, again on and off throughout the day and sneezing:wacko: Also I suffer asthma so i'm always a bit wheezy and a slight cough that can be slightly productive at times

I don't feel poorly, but what worries me is the croaky voice:huh:

Could this be Hayfever do you think? Can someone who has never suffered hayfever suddenly within weeks develop it?

I would be so grateful to hear from anyone who may suffer with hayfever or has also had the same symptoms.

Thanks

Trish x

Stressed32
18-04-09, 00:38
Trish- I am not sure what it is, but I have it too. I had a lot of clear stuff, itchy eyes and sneezing that turned into a sinus infection that went into my chest. I went to the Dr. a week ago and got a shot and antibiotics. I feel better but (hope this is not too much info, LOL) I have TONS of clear flem stuff that I can't get rid of even with 2 different allergy pills. My voice is also croaky, but I teach so I talk all day and chalked it up to that. I think it is just allergies and I have read that anxiety can affect your sinuses too. I am not sure about getting it if you have never had it..I have never had it this bad but we just moved to a new climate and I blamed that for it. I know it can come from any polluant....new construction etc. Is there anything new going on around you that would cause the air to be bad?
Have you got a neti pot? When I neti 2x a day with salt water it is better, but not gone. Last night I did not do it and today was flemmy and croaky. Hope I have helped. Hang in there.
Stressed

Trish
18-04-09, 00:49
Thank you Stressed for your reply:) Can you tell me what a Neti pot is please as i've not heard of it?

I'm getting really stressed as i'm thinking it has to be something wrong with my throat or lungs...it doesn't help that i'm a smoker albeit that i am cutting down, although tonight my anxiety started creeping up and i smoked more than i should have:huh: !

I think a visit to the docs i will be making on Monday!

Trish x

Nicola_lou
18-04-09, 02:49
I have it to I thinks its nerves with my voice it comes and go with me, but I am coughing up flem but I to smoke. I'm constantly coughing to clear my thought I think that might be a nervous thing to.

Thecatlady
18-04-09, 09:10
Hi I never had hayfever then one year it just started, I think that is quite common. This year is very bad for it - the birch trees are out early. Anna x

Trish
18-04-09, 09:28
Well this morning (early hours) i coughed up and there was a small amount of bright red blood in the tissue:ohmy: :ohmy: it wasn't a great amount. Now i can feel a small part of my throat that is sore or seems to be cut???

I'm really freaking out now although i've coughed up since and theres no more blood.

Any ideas anyone?!

Thanks
A worried Trish x

Kells81
18-04-09, 09:41
Hiya

Try not to worry too much, it might just be you are getting a cold- I know so many people that have had bad colds recently that have lasted weeks.

I have had a really snotty nose for about a month now and every now and then I lose my voice and get a funny cough. I just assumed it was hanging around from when I last had a cold or it is a bit of hayfever.

I sometimes cough up tiny bits of blood but I think it is because I have a snotty nose and I blow it alot-remember the stuff in your nose goes down the back of your throat and you can cough it up. I expect the blood if from that.

Go and see the doctor so that they can rule anything bad out but try not too worry to much (impossible I know). xxx

Trish
18-04-09, 09:58
Thank you Kellie....i will be down at the docs first thing Monday morning banging on the door!

It's really strange cos at certain times of the day my sinuses are really full and i have to blow my nose to clear it, but i know it's not sinusitus cos i've no pain:huh: My ears sometimes seem to 'close' over as if they are blocked to....bloody HA it's driving me nuts!!!!

If all this hadn't been going on for a number of weeks i would just accept that it was a head cold without the running nose!

Roll on Monday!!

Trish x

Trish
19-04-09, 00:37
thank you for taking the time to reply to my post:)

I'm still stressing and trying hard to cope as i realized tonight that my voice goes hoarse when i am talking for longer than normal, like this evening when i was talking with my sister on the phone it went, then it suddenly dawned on me it happened yesterday again when i was talking on the phone with a friend for almost an hour...how odd is that:ohmy: maybe i should try and chat less lol.

Trish x