PDA

View Full Version : Being told I could just stop breathing? That really helps.

18-04-09, 03:56
Greetings dear friends of No Panic.

Well, I thought I could live on my own two feet for atleast a week, but I guess not.

We read a story in my College Lit class all about how life is crazy.. until we got to the part where the author stated it's possible to just stop breathing and all the weird sensations you get with it... Being a hypocon. this made my mind go insane.. and it was than i noticed changes in breathing.. my nose started to tingle like it always does.. and it felt like my sinuses were being inflammed.. like my whole face went numb.. and i started loosing focus.. and after words for the whole day, i kept focusing on my breathing, and the depersonalization kicked in.

And than thats when the thoughts of brain tumors, and strokes, and having unknown illnesses i'm not aware of shot back.
I know that the blood tests results came back perfect, and so did the CT scans that i've had.. the organs are functioning correctly, and with all the junk food i eat, my cholesterol level was just as the doctor loves to see it.

I mean, theres gotta be reasons why one can just like stop breathing right?

I just wish I could be... happy? the crazy care free i once was..

Any thoughts?

daniel22
18-04-09, 04:09
I have the same fear as this...everytime i go bed i feel as my heart will stop just like that....i lye there wondering if my heart just stopped what feeling would i feel....to be honest thinking bout it just scares me....proberly feel like im having 100 panic attacks...but my doctor said my heart wont just stop for no reason...he said he done all the tests...same as you CT - ECO - ECG - BLOOD TEST - XRAY - ALL PERFECT so why do we have the feelings we do...well they claim its somethink in our brain and nervous system. ive seen like 3 diffrent doctors over the last 3 months all say diffrent things but try not to worry but its easy said then done.

Nicola_lou
18-04-09, 05:10
I suffer with air hunger, and I've been to see loads of dr none of them think you can just stop. I mean how can we really, we breath voluntary but we can always breath unvoluntary to. So unless something is obstructing your airway I wouldn't think so hun.

Vanilla Sky
18-04-09, 09:58
OMG Stop ! Any one ever know anyone who keeps well and just died coz they stopped breathing? What was the cause of death erm they just stopped breathing.... I dont think so!! Put it out your head, us anxiety sufferers will read scarey stuff and take it in board just like you have ! Your healthy hon so get out there and be happy, be carefree Love Paige x