PDA

View Full Version : please dont think im a nutter but...

lonely
18-04-09, 10:29
i have ben having these things in my head what ive called thoughts even though i think its like someone else telling me to do it

last night i was sitting there and while going through things i remembered something from when i was younger, which i seemed to have blocked out or grown out of but now its back worse then ever
up until i was about say 16 i always used to get this thought/voice of someone else saying about a certain member of my family whome i loved you wish they were dead, they'd be constant especially at night, i used to say to myself no you dont ignore it ignore it, it wasnt nice

now i get the thoughts/voice telling me to do hurt to myself or take pills, i'll not say much more as know can't comment on these on here but you'll proberly know what i mean

its just i remembered the same thing from when younger and now worried as its the same thing back:weep: :weep: im scared if i tell the pshychiatrist or cpn etc they will think i am a nutter
but i now think they are not always my own thoughts and why i get confused and soo upset
and how i could forget such a thing from when younger i do not know its sounds stupid doesn't it, but somehow i blocked it from my memory

PITITA
18-04-09, 10:38
Hiya,

Aw poor you, as you said yourself they are your own thoughts and you recognize them too and worry about it which just shows it is yet another anxious thought, although it is really really horrible, it is just a thought.
So many people get these thoughts if you read the OCD section you will find the threads on it. I hope you feel a little better soon! xx

starlight78
18-04-09, 11:41
Hi Lonely,

Bless you that sounds really scary.. I think it probably is an intrusive thought, but i would really suggest that you talk to your CPN about it.. They absolutley wont think that your a "nutter".

I work with alot of people who hear voices and the way you are discribing your experience is very different.. I really do think that it is part of your anxiety.. but whatever it is, its upsetting you and you deserve help and support to get better. Wishing you lots of luck and happiness. xx

lonely
18-04-09, 13:15
thanks i was just little worried as i then remembered about them when i was younger

starlight78
18-04-09, 13:26
The fact that you have had this before and you had almost forgotten about it is even more reason that i think that it is part of an anxiety disorder as voices/auditory hallucinations dont tend to come and go, unless treated. xx