PDA

View Full Version : All the health problems I am worrying about at moment!

countrygirl
18-04-09, 15:48
I have a pulsing hiss in my left ear - moticed it about 2 months ago - somedays I don't hear it until I think I haven't heard it:shrug: then its really loud. Begged Dr for referral to ent and going on Monday.

About a month ago I started to get sudden intense feeling of pressure in my face behind nose mostly left sided. last week convinced it had to be sinus infection so Dr gave me some antibiotics to try - of course got the upset tummy from them and am waiting for the thrush to kick in:mad: but nearly finished them and the pressure is still there on and off so don't think its a sinus infection - again will tell ent on monday.

I am female 47 yrs old and for past 2 years have been perimenopausal with very dysfunctional bleeding. I had a bad time 2 years ago with spotting or bleeding going on for up to 6 weeks at a time then 2 months between it all starting again. Panic stricken and went to gyny and had all the horrible tests inc general aneathetic for D&C and all normal even had the ovarian cancer blood test and told in end it was just wonky hormones. Well I have gone 4 months period free and thinking great its all stopping when 2 weeks ago I started the constant spotting or bleeding so fed up with this as I don't want to go through those tests again.

Finishing touches were today I was leaning on my arm when I noticed a tiny 1mm very dark brown/nearly black funny shaped mark. I am covered in moles/skin tags/freckles and what they call sebborhaic (?) warts that arent really warts just look like them and there is a stong history of malignant melanoma in females in my family - I think??? I noticed this mark before and as it didn't increase I forgot about it but that is so unlikely with me to forget that I think it must be new. So have logically decided:) to moniter the mark for a month and if it increases in size in that time will show it to Dr. You can imagine me measuring it very day can't you:blush:

I am so fed up with being at the Dr all this time with genuine health complaints - I am not imagining any of these things but I know my Dr is getting a bit fed up of seeing me nearly every week but now I want to rush to her with the dysfunctional bleeding and the mark on my arm but am making myself wait:weep:

Jan63
18-04-09, 16:07
Aww I know exactly how you feel.:hugs: I'm 45 and had nothing but health problems since last September. I first got indigestiion and heartburn then I got the feeling that something was stuck in my throat which freaked me out because I was convinced I had throat cancer. I was given omeprazole and I took them for a while but then found after a few months I didn't need them. Then I got a breast lump in early December when I had just finished worrying over the throat problem (which eventually went away as quick as it came) I immedietely thought I had breast cancer and kept prodding it to see if it went down any but it didn't and I ended up being referred to the breast clinic at the hospital in January. It turned out to be just a cyst which I was very relieved about. Then in February I started with a sore throat but it then went to just one side and kept there for about 4 weeks which I got very anxious about. Now I've got a white patch at the back of my throat which I have convinced myself is something very nasty.:weep: I will have to go to the doctors again next week and I can just imagine her face when I walk in with another new symptom.:unsure: I have also had quite a few period problems too - I had one in August and then Ocober and didn't have another one until February which I worried myself sick over. The one in February was really heavy too but surprisingly they have been bang on time since then although I have started getting really sore hard breasts on around day 9 or 10 of my cycle which then last either up to my next period or a week or two. They are worse in the morning when I get up.

So I do know how you feel and it's hell isn't it.:weep: Another forum I go on they think it's a huge joke that I am like I am and have banned me from googling now even if it's about dog problems. I wish I was more like my elder sister who is 12 years older than me and she has diabetes and should really go on insulin injections because she isn't controlling her diet properly (she has eaten quite a few easter eggs this easter) and the nurse has told her to go on insulin instead of just tablets but she refuses. I can't understand why she won't do as the nurse tells her too because she is putting herself in danger of a heart attack or stroke or something but she won't listen and just carries on. It must be so nice not to worry and just take life as it comes.:o

kate
18-04-09, 16:17
Maybe it's an age thing :ohmy: I'm 47 and recently become a hypocondriac :blush:

Kate

Jan63
18-04-09, 16:21
Yes I've wondered this myself because all this seems to have happened since my periods went haywire.:huh: I'm sure our hormones must be doing this to us.:unsure:

kate
18-04-09, 16:28
Flaming hormones, they've also made me go a bit loopy :scared15:

Just realised I put I'm 47 and I'm only in fact 46 :roflmao:

Kate

Jan63
18-04-09, 16:30
:D:D

I'm always thinking I'm 46 too but I'm not 46 until July.:unsure:

My memory is terrible these days though - I don't even know what day it is half of the time never mind the date.:blush:

kate
18-04-09, 16:33
I've definately lost the plot BIG TIME :shades:

Why also have I spent nearly all day on the computer when the sun is shining :shrug:

Probably worrying subconsciously that I will get skin cancer!

Kate

Jan63
18-04-09, 17:56
Yes me too - it's a beautiful day outside and I haven't even stepped outside the door.:blush: Going to go for a walk with the dog now though.:)

kate
18-04-09, 18:21
I just dragged my son out for a walk, it's a beautiful evening.

Son goes back to Uni tomorrow :weep:

Kate

sharona
18-04-09, 19:50
Hi

I have the same ear problem, my doctor had referred me to ENT as well, let me know how you get on it will be interesting to compare. I am thinink it is a hormone thing as I have never felt so ill, run down , anxious and totally out of it since I started the menopause.Its good to see other people are having the same symptoms though, and I dont mean that to sound awful as you always think you are the only one and you are going mad.

Let me know what they say.

Sharona

Jan63
18-04-09, 20:10
I just dragged my son out for a walk, it's a beautiful evening.

Son goes back to Uni tomorrow :weep:

Kate
Aww sorry to hear that Kate - is he your only child?

kate
18-04-09, 21:44
No, I've got a 17yr old daughter as well :D

Kate

Jan63
18-04-09, 21:47
Oh I've got one of those too.:unsure: Also got an 18 year old son and an eight year old daughter.:)

skyblue
18-04-09, 21:53
Hi

Im sky and i am 47yrs old to,must be a forties thing ha ha im now my docs best customer,pity hes not on commission,every time i go,ibet he is thinking

NOT YOU AGAIN :huh:

but i to felt i had genuine health probs,i had a hysterectomy 2 years ago,now i have a prolapse,and have been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid gland.

thats with all my other bits i moan about... the constant headache (brain tumour)

i worry about everthing and anything,and things that dont even exist,.

and thats what they are there for so dont worry,even the receptionist knows me now....:scared15: .....

take care Skyxx:blush:

countrygirl
18-04-09, 23:02
Thanks everyone - sharona will post and let you know how I go on at ent on monday. Have got another thing today but posting under a new heading!