PDA

View Full Version : tonsillitis

leeann
18-04-09, 18:50
Hiya every one.

Ive had tonsillitis since last Thursday they gave me antibiotics last Sunday. Due to take my last one tomorrow.

Was just wondering has any one still had a sore throat and a sore tongue Its like my taste buds are red and sore plus have spots on the roof but back of mouth (if that make sense)

Im getting worried that the antibiotics haven't worked http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/forum/smilies/confused.gif

If any one could give advice or has had this, a reply would be gratefully received. As im really panicking x thanks

Stressed32
18-04-09, 19:09
When I had it, I had to have a shot of antibiotics, a shot of steroids plus 14 days of Amoxicillin by mouth after both shots to knock it out. Do you still have fever? You may want to go back b/c you very well may need more meds. Ask for a shot and even though your bottom may be sore for a day, you will feel better in 2 days! Well worth a bruised bum :)

melvin
18-04-09, 20:26
hi mate i used to get it all the time you do get all that stuff plus i used to get a servere fever with mine i had them took out best thing i ever did

always-ill
19-04-09, 15:34
Hi,
Sounds like oral thrush which is very common after taking antibiotics as they kill all your good bacteria as well as the bad. You could try Daktarin oral gel, or try actimel, danone yoghurts etc.. which are full of the friendly bacteria. I also had a bad bought of tonsilitis in feb and managed to keep off the antib's as they give me thrush and make me feel ill and run down, and was told that they only shorten the attack by about a day, took manuka honey instead which seemed to help, but I had a mild sorethroat, lumpy feeling and the whitish ulcery things on my throat and tonsils took weeks to go.
Hope you feel better soon.

mummyto4
19-04-09, 17:00
its probably the anti biotics that have given you a sore mouth. Its not unusual. I hope you start to feel better soon. I suffer with tonsilitis and its horrible.