PDA

View Full Version : st johns worts

Tink
18-04-09, 18:52
Hello all

Was not sure where to write this! I have been going for cbt and therapist suggested taking st johns worts. I just wondered if anyone else had taken these? do they work? been reading about them on the internet and as very mixed reviews. In my current state of mind not sure if i will panic more about taken something!!

starlight78
18-04-09, 18:58
Hi Tink,

Welcome to NMP..

I found st johns wort very helpful, but you have to be slightly careful as it can interfere with other medications such as the birth control pill. :-)

happyone
18-04-09, 22:20
I would say helpful for mild depresion....anything more severe, then no. I would also recommend a qualified herbalist as some of the stuff sold in the shops has a really weak concentration and is just c**p really.
Happyone
xx

duskess
18-04-09, 22:47
Hello Tink , Welcome to NMP , I dont know alot about St Johns Wort , plently help and advice from NMP members that do , best wishes Dusky x:welcome:

kittykat
20-04-09, 22:35
Hi there, just wanted to :welcome:you to the site, lots of good advice on here and the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx

Southern_Belle
21-04-09, 03:24
Hi Tink,

Welcome to NMP. I have personally never taken it but have heard good things about it. Many here will be able to relate to how you are feeling and will offer their support.

Take care,

Laura

melody
21-04-09, 07:40
Hi,

I take St Johns Wart with my antidepressants. I find it a good combination. I haven't had problems with side affects. It is only a mild medication so it doesn't mess me around with the emotional rollercoaster other anxiety medications have caused. It has never made me panic. Like starlight said, check it won't react badly with any other medications first.

Melody