PDA

View Full Version : Ladies questions, help!!!!!!

Hollytree
18-04-09, 21:03
Having a panic!! I have stayed on the contraceptive pill cilest for 3 months now, i'm in my 3 rd month, for the last 5 days i've had a browny discharge, and today had a slight spot of fresh blood, not much at all. I still have another 12 days left b4 i finish my packet!!!!! I had loads of blood test taken in the month, which all came back normal, so all is fine their, and i am up to date with my smear tests. I don't know what to do, is the spotting normal???

Thanks

Stressed32
18-04-09, 21:12
Totally normal....your trying to get used to the hormones in the pill. Your body takes time because you are manipulating your natural cycle. I was on the pill for years and then got off. It will happen again when you get off of it. No worries. Also, I am not on the pill anymore and I still get brown stuff 7-10 days before my period most months. This is probably the time your body had its period before you got on the pill. Just an adjustment of hormone levels.
Hope I have helped.

Hollytree
19-04-09, 00:21
Thanks for your response, I have been on cilest for nearly 10 years, I have no problems with it at all, this is the first time i have stayed on it without stopping, (3rd month continued packs) so i guess it must be normal that my natural cycle is confused!!

I worry that it will mess my body up with all the hormones, but doctor says its fine to continue packs without a break.

Stressed32
19-04-09, 03:10
I think it will be fine to go without a break. We did fertility treatments and they gave me pills to make me start and stop when they wanted me to...modern medicine is a marvel :) I went like 40 days with no cycle b/c they made me.
I have been told by my OB that changing pills is good because your body gets used to the other.
Spotting is normal too. Hope you get to feeling better.