PDA

View Full Version : looking to find people to talk to with GAD

articangel
18-04-09, 21:35
Hi There

I have recently found out I have GAD am Im looking to talk to people who are going through the same things as me so I dont feel like im the only one going through this.

patmac
18-04-09, 22:07
hiya,
i hope you dont think im nosey but what is gad?

pat

Danny_dingle
18-04-09, 22:15
GAD = General Anxiety Disorder pat

Danny xxx

Danny_dingle
18-04-09, 22:17
And also hello ArcticAngel!

I too am a GAD sufferer, and I flit through phases of Panic attacks, health anxiety, obsessive thoughts and agoraphobia too.

If you look through the threads on this site you most definitely are not alone, and if you want people who understand well then you've come to the right place matey!

I am here if you want to talk!

Danny xxx

Allye
19-04-09, 18:04
Me to almost exactly like Danny - I have GAD with peaks into PAs, HA, obsessive thougts from time to time. I tend to go up and down - had a great six months and am now struggling again.

Take care

Allye

starlight78
19-04-09, 18:07
Hi Articangel,

I experience alot of anxiety and Obsessive thoughts.. mainly on the mend. Would be happy to chat.

Best Wishes to you xx

Stressed32
19-04-09, 18:17
I began this nightmare with GAD...scared to have hubby die, scared I was going to die, scared to be pregnant but wanted a baby, scared house would get broken into while at work, scared I did not turn the coffee pot off and house would burn down, scared to drive alone etc...Then I began to have physical symptoms that no one warned me about and I googled them...GAD quickly turned into health anxiety....then I found this site and it made me feel better so now I think I have OCD too because I find myself here daily reading posts of people who feel and fear the same things as me :) and it makes me feel better....like a drug addict??
It is a never ending cycle, but know you are in a safe place and among friends. I would be happy to chat anytime. I have learned that healing happens when you talk to people b/c it is like therapy....When you talk to someone about their problem, you are putting it in your head and you heal too. That is a very positive cycle to be invloved in :)

patmac
19-04-09, 18:23
i have not bee diagnosed with GAD, but feel all the things that you do,
happy to chat. x

Cat80
22-04-09, 16:21
I have GAD also, was diagnosed 2 years ago and am constantly thinking about something (or should I say worrying). Feel sick all the time, tired, thinking obsessively about the same thing etc. Would be happy to chat :)