PDA

View Full Version : panic destroying me

chrissi38
19-04-09, 01:07
having a realy bad night panic attack all night.i feel so anxcious convinced i have some heart disorder keep getting pains in my left arm and chest pains just cant get rid of these irrational thoughts .how do other people cope had to ring in work sick and i am fighting the urge to go to hospital ad look like a crazy lady again.:weep: :lac:

madelaine
19-04-09, 01:48
had ma first attack since cumin off horrendoues in town 2day rest of day been crap still up n up 4 work in 4 hours but got a fab boyfriend who has helped me thro it , its jist a blip xx

purplehaze
19-04-09, 03:42
I read similer posts to this and the only thing we can do is except how we feel and accept that nothing is going to happen to us. The whole face the fear and do it anyway is the only answer!!!!

If we keep running from it the stronger the hold it will have on us. My brother in law was surfing in oz and nearly got attacked by a shark but the next weekend he was back on his board. We are no different, we need to just get back out and face the fear.

If we can accept the worst fear then we will overcome it!!

We only fail when we fail to try!!

simon68
19-04-09, 10:38
Hi Chrissi38

I understand exactly how you are feeling, I suffer the same experiences at night. I have had numerous tests and so far all have been okay. Try to stay relaxed and control your breathing, reassure yourself that the pains are all down to anxiety and not a heart condition. This can be easier said than done, but try really hard :)
take care
Simon :)

Kells81
19-04-09, 11:32
Hi Chrissi

It was nice meeting you in chat last night, I hope you are feeling a bit better now.
Those footballers will be missing you at work! Don't give up, you can get through this xxx

Dreamer029
19-04-09, 15:41
My left arm became numb and tingly during a panic attack once. I ended up going to the ER to have everything checked out. It really did ease my mind to know nothing was wrong. It's really frustrating to not be able to control what is happening, and that furthers the panic :( Hope you are feeling better.