PDA

View Full Version : Argh! Weird lump!

enigmatique
19-04-09, 10:40
I was having such a good few days but now I've found a weird lump in my cheek :weep: it's not on the surface like an ulcer, but kind of in the middle of my cheek just in front of where my jaws join at the back, and it moves around inside my cheek when I touch it. I really can't bring myself to bug my doctor any more this month, but of course now my mind is thinking the big C :weep:

bex1970
19-04-09, 19:09
I have one too.... in fact on both sides. Think it's normal.... Because that area is near to the teeth, we often traumatise it without realising.... But don't bug your doctor if you've seen him too often. Go to your dentist. My stepfather is a dental surgeon and tells me that GPs are not much use on the mouth area.... you really need to see a dentist because they are the experts. Get them to do a thorough check of your mouth to put your mind at ease... but I also have the lump, though it feels like a bit of lumpy skin rather than anything sinister....Also, I have had lumps on my inner cheek before - and they go away (though clearly at first I was terrified....!) think little lumps and bumps are quite common...