PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Excited For No Reason

chong
19-04-09, 13:09
:doh:I HAD BEEN SUFFERING FROM GAD.....GENERAL ANXIETY DISORDER FOR QUITE A NUMBER OF YEARS.....LOST COUNT THOUGH.:D

AND AT TIMES I DO GET PANIC ATTACKS AS WELL.:frown: I HAD BEEN ON ATIVAN ALL THESE WHILE & IT HAD HELP ME WITH MY GAD.:yesyes:HOWEVER RECENTLY I SEEM TO BE FEELING EXCITED FOR NO REASON AT ALL [SOMETIMES IT LAST FOR AN HOUR OR 2] & WHEN I GET THESE EXCITED FEELINGS I THOUGHT THAT I AM GOING TO GET A HEART ATTACK SOON. DURING THIS EXCITED FEELING PERIOD I FEEL TOO THAT I HAD NO CONTROL OF IT OR LOSING CONTROL. I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO STOP THESE EXCITED FEELINGS.:scared11:

AT SUCH EXCITED TIMES I TRY TO DISTRACT MYSELF BY READING MY MAIL BOX MESSAGES & IT DOES HELP AT TIMES. MY DOCTOR SAYS THAT I NEED TO TAKE ANOTHER 0.5 GRAMS OF ATIVAN TO CALM DOWN. I WONDER IF I NEED TO TAKE THAT EXTRA DOSE OF ATIVAN OR NOT?

:emot-worship: WONDER IF ANY KIND MEMBER COULD ENLIGHTEN ME ON THESE EXCITED FEELINGS & HOW TO CONTROL IT.....ALL ADVICE & HELP APPRECIATED. :welcome:MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE.:hugs::bighug1:

gtrgrl3369
19-04-09, 15:36
Its funny you caal them excited feelings and I call them my extra energy days. It feels like I am going to explode from all the I energy have and I feel like I can do anything that day. I usually try and burn it off by walking or dancing in my room or anything that will expend this energy. An extra dose of ativan is up to you. This is one of the symptoms I cant seem to shake yet, but it is the easiest to live with. Take care and do what feels right to you.

cwoz82
19-04-09, 21:13
The symptoms of my anxiety are like perpetually waiting for a job interview or like being so incredibly excited about something so i totally understand how you feel, my counsellor thinks that my anxiety is a side effect of my personality!! That i have my "mental" moments of hyperactivity is the opposite side of my personality to the anxiety but that they are both extremes on the spectrum and i need to try and "reel in" my hyperactive behaviour as this will help the other end of the spectrum of overactivity (anxiety). I feel like a can't look forward to anything as it's just another reason for excitment, i'm going on holiday in two weeks and i can barely eat as i'm constantly excited!

Danny_dingle
19-04-09, 21:39
Hey all,

I suffer from anxiety and depression to name a few, and I seem to also have the complete opposite side too... at work, they call me Tigger because i am so hyper and bouncy all the time!

I think it just goes with the territory, but I love my hypo moments, they are fun! :yesyes:

Danny xxx

chong
23-04-09, 11:59
:yesyes::yesyes:Thank you all for your response.:yahoo:As I had just said whenever I feel excited for no reason at all, I always feel fear as I feel that this excitement will lead to a heart attack. :frown:

:emot-pray: Now I guess that this "excitement feeling" is all "anxiety" after all.:ohmy: May I quote from mishel (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=14096) [ see topic.....http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=47449 ]

anxiety and excitement feel physically the same! only difference is the fear!

:scared15::scared15: Maybe this is not "excitement" after all but an "anxiety attack".:eek: Some enlightement please from members here....thank you all.:hugs::bighug1:

goingmadder
23-04-09, 12:52
You're right, Physically excitement and anxiety are the same... Adrenaline rushing making you ready for fight or flight...

Mentally they are different in that anxiety comes from fear... Excitement should be a positive feeling... But by fearing it you inadvertantly transform it to anxiety....

Nervous energy can be put to very good use... Like danny on my hyper days i run about like a headless chicken, everyone seems to like that side of me, on the go, positive thinking, expressive, encouraging... People say I bounce off the walls.... LOL...

Its all about perspective... If you're excited and have no reason to be excited, then give yourself something to be excited about... however it is my feeling that we should be unreasonable happy and so there is no reason why we can not be unreasonably excited... be excited you woke up this morning, be excited that you will eat today, you will drink today, you will see the sky, smell some coffee... Count your belssings and be excited for each and everyone... Why shouldnt we be excited about these things...!

Allow yourself to be and enjoy your excitement... Its ok.... As my boyfriend tells me, misery has no manners and invites itself into your life so when the opportunity arises, welcom happiness and invite it in!!

Enjoy

Lots of hugs

X