PDA

View Full Version : Am i back to where i was....

daisy76
19-04-09, 16:17
Some of you may have read my previous posts about my upcoming MRI.

I have recently been told i have elevated prolactin levels and require an MRI - this was done following the absence of my periods for approx 4 months. Now i have noticed a pinching type pain in the right side very low in my abdomen. I am freaking out, i have convinced my self that this is ovarian C. I cannot tell you how scared i am.

I have read loads of threads today and cannot find anyone with the same as i have. The pain hurts more when i touch it and is right near my groin and hip, its almost tender and sore rather than a dull pain. I am wondering if this is my fibromyalgia, ibs or is in fact the C.

Does anyone out there have this?:weep:

enigmatique
19-04-09, 17:05
I have something that sounds a lot like this - the pain that is, my periods are pretty normal. I'm waiting on an ultrasound. I understand that ovarian C tends not to disrupt periods, I hope that reassures you. As I keep trying to convince myself, it's probably just stress making IBS flare. Easy to say, harder to believe!

Fingers crossed for both of us!

countrygirl
19-04-09, 17:59
This may sound a silly question but where are they scanning with mri?? Is it your abdomen or head?? Reason I am asking is that sometimes a raised prolactin level as my friend had can be caused by a problem with the pituatary gland - she had no periods and had to go on tablets everytime she wanted to get pregnant! As she had 5 children it didn't have any detrimental effect on her ability to reproduce:D Hence they could be doing a brain scan to check your pituatary gland but I may be totally wrong here of course:blush:

Your pains could just be ovulation pain.

daisy76
19-04-09, 18:13
hi ty for replying

I am having scan of head for the puturity gland, i think i getting worked up as i doing calculation of no periods + hormone issues = probs with ovaries.

Does any one else have any ideas?

bex1970
19-04-09, 19:04
Sounds like a hormonal imbalance due to your pituitary gland (which dictates hormones as you probably know). The pain could well be anxious thoughts creating physical pain. The other alternative is an ovarian cyst (not Cancer at all and really common) - they can cause pain on one side near the groin etc. I have had three - and have one at the moment on my left side - it can be a bit tweaky at times...but is too small to warrant any kind of treatment.
I think if they thought it was anything like ovarian cancer you would have a scan elsewhere as well (i.e. on your womb - and pelvis area).... and I don't think ovarian cancer causes absent periods either, if anything, quite the reverse... - and actually, can cause no symptoms at all....
Try not to think the worse - pituitary imbalance is not uncommon and easily remedied.