PDA

View Full Version : Hayfever? and a tinitus Q

Lissy43
19-04-09, 20:03
I have often suffered from tinitus where I suddenly get a loud high pitched squeal in my ear, ekkk its horrible but usually passes quickly. I mentioned it to my GP once as it was happening often, usually after doing too much housework at once??? he has no answers and said its nothing to worry about. That was years ago but recently ive noticed it a couple of times a week, sometimes it passes quickly but other times it can last an hour. When it lasts longer its usually accompanied by pressure in the ear that I have the tinitus in, is this normal for tinitus to also have pressure in the ear? it makes me feel abit off balance and spaced out. In the past I have had this, its horrible.

Today when I woke up I felt groggy, like I'd had no sleep or a night on the town (I hadn't, lol) all day my head felt kind of like full of cotton wool, bit achy across my forehead now and again but not a proper headache, its so hard to explain but I had a slight tickle at top of my nose but I wasn't sneezing. I know I have a grass pollen allergy but its not that season yet is it?? I don't have itchy eyes or anything but can hayfever make you feel like how ive described, just groggy and horrible fluffy head all day??lol!

My hubby has severe grass pollen allergy and he is suffering badly, sneezing and itching already and its only april! My son is the same and he doesn't normally suffer until May at least.

Feeling abit off tonight after the tinitus attack.:blush:

Stressed32
19-04-09, 20:16
Hi Aimee- maybe your sinuses are creating the pressure. That would explain the ear pressure and forhead pressure. Do you have a neti pot? If so, that will help along w/a decongestant (Sudafed). I get this twice a year...fall and spring.

Lissy43
19-04-09, 20:19
I have mild chronic sinusitis, I don't feel blocked up at all though, I usually know when I have an infection or something.

Lissy43
19-04-09, 20:31
The ear pressure hits when the noise from the tinitus hits then it slowly subsides.

Lissy43
19-04-09, 22:21
Can anyone else help about the tinitus or hayfever?

Stressed32
19-04-09, 22:26
Aimme- sorry I am not sure what tinitus is and I dare not google it :) My sinuses can cause pressure in both my ears and forehead from allergies even without infection. Are your allergies acting up in addition to tinitus? Either way, I hope you get to feeling better :)

Lissy43
19-04-09, 22:51
Yes I am wondering if its hayfever I am getting without the itching, lol!

LisaLisa
27-04-09, 13:27
I have often suffered from tinitus where I suddenly get a loud high pitched squeal in my ear, ekkk its horrible but usually passes quickly. I mentioned it to my GP once as it was happening often, usually after doing too much housework at once??? he has no answers and said its nothing to worry about. That was years ago but recently ive noticed it a couple of times a week, sometimes it passes quickly but other times it can last an hour. When it lasts longer its usually accompanied by pressure in the ear that I have the tinitus in, is this normal for tinitus to also have pressure in the ear? it makes me feel abit off balance and spaced out. In the past I have had this, its horrible.

Today when I woke up I felt groggy, like I'd had no sleep or a night on the town (I hadn't, lol) all day my head felt kind of like full of cotton wool, bit achy across my forehead now and again but not a proper headache, its so hard to explain but I had a slight tickle at top of my nose but I wasn't sneezing. I know I have a grass pollen allergy but its not that season yet is it?? I don't have itchy eyes or anything but can hayfever make you feel like how ive described, just groggy and horrible fluffy head all day??lol!

My hubby has severe grass pollen allergy and he is suffering badly, sneezing and itching already and its only april! My son is the same and he doesn't normally suffer until May at least.

Feeling abit off tonight after the tinitus attack.:blush:

Hi Aimee

Just to say that i get that ringing ear thing and i know a lot of people who
do, i think thats its that old adrenaline thing again!

Apparently the body has surges of adrenaline all the time during its normal function, only when you are stressed/ anxious the level it starts off at is very much higher than when you are not and so you become aware of the adrenal glands functioning more - because there is more adrenaline in your system and you get things like tinitus and tingling nose and hands and feet .....etc.

Best not to worry about these things cos that causes the whole cycle to continue.
I would just love to be able to take my own advice though!!!:roflmao:
Lisa
xxxx