PDA

View Full Version : Neti Pot question

Stressed32
19-04-09, 20:25
I have been using my Neti pot for 2 weeks 2x a day b/c of allergies. This AM, about an hour after, I was getting out of the shower and clear water from my neti wash this AM (it was salty like the solution I neti with) cam running out of my nose without me blowing. Is that normal? Now I am scared that something is wrong with my sinus...is it messed up from the solution sitting in there for so long, do I have this hole making it stay etc....any of you have this?

Trish
19-04-09, 20:32
Hi Stressed

You have mentioned a Neti-pot in a reply to one of my post, but i have no idea what a neti-pot is...sorry:blush:

Could you explain what this is and how you use it?

Sorry i'm no help otherwise.

Trish x

Lissy43
19-04-09, 20:47
Yes, I always have this. Just make sure you bend forward afterwards and blow out any that is left up there.

sunshine-lady
19-04-09, 21:00
I found this video of how to use a Neti Pod. It shows you a couple of excerises to get rid of any excess solution. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8sDIbRAXlg

Stressed32
19-04-09, 21:12
Thanks so much for the video! I do blow after but had no idea about the exercises. I will do that tonight. I guess I am scared b/c I do blow and I never had this happen and have been using it for a bit now...HA plays a role too...blush :)
Trish- Mine is actually not a neti pot but a sinus wash, same thing it just looks different. Basically, it is like a shower for your sinus. You place warm water mixed with a saline soultion through each nostril in your nose until it runs out the other side. It sounds painful and I was SO scared to do it b/c I thought it would be like pool water going up my nose, but it actually feels good. Here is the website if you want to see what I am talking about:
www.neilmed.com (http://www.neilmed.com)

Aimee- I am blowing and it still leaked out...did this happen to you too? Do you think maybe I just left some behind?

Lissy43
19-04-09, 21:31
Yes I blow and even an hour later if I bend over some drains out.

Stressed32
19-04-09, 22:16
Thanks SO much...my heart has been pounding now for about 2 hours.

Trish
19-04-09, 23:38
Thank you Sunshine & Stressed for this...i may give it a go.

Trish x

Stressed32
20-04-09, 01:34
It feels very good after. Let me know what you think when you do ok.

Piglet
20-04-09, 15:29
Yes this happens to me too - sometimes when I'm doing yoga like an hour later I will be in downward dog and whoosh lol!!!

Love Piglet :flowers:

Stressed32
20-04-09, 16:08
Thank the Lord...Thanks! I was worried that I broke something or created a problem.