PDA

View Full Version : hello!

GAD
16-08-05, 19:49
hi everyone

would like to introduce myself to you all and would just like to say how great it is that i have found this site! my name is michelle and ive been a sufferer for 9 years. I suffer from general anxiety disorder so as you can imagine i have been petrified of everything at least once!! a few times i have thought that i was cured but have now realised that i will be up and down forever. I have tried many different anti-depressants but they just dont agree with me and i end up feeling worse.
ive had a browse of some messages on the site and its so reassuring to be reminded that i am an axiety sufferer and not just going round the bend.

GAD

kid a
16-08-05, 19:54
Hello!

Everyone's really supportive here, glad you found it, I've found lots of people who i can empathise with and everyone's really helpful.

Kid.

pinkscrumpy
16-08-05, 19:57
welcome michelle

I'm sure you will get the support you need.

love

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

kt
16-08-05, 20:02
Welcome Michelle,
this site has really helped me and i am sure it will be a huge help to you too. It really is reassuring knowing that you are not alone with your feelings. Hope to speak to you in chat sometime! kt xx

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

Karen
16-08-05, 20:18
Hi Michelle

Welcome to the forum.

You'll get some good help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pips
16-08-05, 20:37
Hi Michelle,

A BIG warm welcome to the site hun.

I do hope it helps you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Meg
16-08-05, 21:52
GAD - medication is not always the answer

Have you tried CBT ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

seh1980
16-08-05, 22:16
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Ambience
16-08-05, 22:59
Welcome Michelle,

I'm very new also, your in good company :)

Hope to speak to you in chat,
Love Janey xx

"There would be nothing to frighten you if you refused to be afraid." "Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it." Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." "Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared." "Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death" "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."

jen
17-08-05, 01:13
Hi Michelle,

Welcome to the site ,
I only found the site yesterday and already have come across people who are having the same kind of problems as me.

I also suffer with general anxiety i get worried about everything and anything , trouble is its now made me agraphobic , the only place i feel half safe is home even then ill find something to get anxious about!

hope you find the support you need pm me anytime

take care

jen x

michelleann
17-08-05, 18:15
hi michelle:D
im a michelle aswell ive been suffering panic attacks and general anxiety for nearly 10 years and had every symptom possible:(
my biggest fear is qeueing and using public transport i also hyperventilate alot.
this site has help me loads ive met some great people and read some much info i didnt know existed.
welcome to the site and hope to talk to you in the chat room sometime
take care sweet
love and hugs
michelle xxx

GAD
22-08-05, 20:16
thanks everyone for the lovely welcome, your all completely right that its just soo reassuring knowing that your all just a click away! im sorry if it takes me a while to reply only its taken me a while browsing the site and getting used to using it! in fact everytime ive logged on ive spent most of my time crying as its just soo nice reading that other peole DO ACTUALLY SUFFER FROM THIS DREADED THING TOO, and it makes me feel so much better to know im not alone anymore, sure it will take some of the pressure off my long suffering partner too. so thanks again to everyone for your friendly welcome.

Meg i have tried CBT 5 years ago, i only had 8 sessions but it helped no end and i actually thought i was cured until now! i went through every emotion possible at the time and believed for ages that i was completely mad until CBT made me realise that it was actually anxiety. the problem is that for some reason that i just cant identify i feel that its gradually crept back and is dragging me under, im petrified its all going to start again and i will lose control. ive spoken to the doc who has refered me again but its at least a six month wait! i didnt think i would be able to wait but i cant describe how reasurring this site is - i might make it afterall!

sorry for rambling
Michellexx

Piglet
22-08-05, 20:21
Hi Michelle,

A big welcome to the site.

Nopanic (a charitable site) which you can link to from this site also offers cbt over the telephone. I've just registered for this.

Maybe we'll see you in the chatroom soon.

Love Piglet:)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

GAD
22-08-05, 20:36
thanks piglet that sounds great!

going to check out the chat room in a while.

you mentioned that this is a charitable site so does that mean that i could contribute something?

Michellexx

Meg
22-08-05, 21:14
Michelle -

Go and get some more. 4 might do it this time. You just need a reminder

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?