PDA

View Full Version : It's going well......

dizzyd
16-08-05, 20:46
Just to let you all know that I am having a fab Summer Holiday. The past 4 years I have dreaded the school holidays and spent most of my days being 'minded' by someone. This time my 9 year old son and I are having a ball. No magic formula - just acceptance that my symptoms are only panic and not life threatening. A daily morning dose of this web site has re-assured me I am not alone in my feelings. Then I just get on with my day. Still on 10mg cipralex - but thats ok I reckon. In time I will come off them but I am enjoying my freedom and know it's down to me aswell as the meds. So for anyone reading this - and feeling trapped by their fear - please be reassured that I was once trapped by mine and it is my change of thought - acceptance - that has been the key to unlocking the door of fear.
I am taking part in a community project called Merseyfest this week and loving it. I am telling childrens stories in a public park -WOW A couple of months ago I couldn't leave my Bed. So thanks No More Panic - What an inspiration you have been (and continue to be)
Love Dawn :)[Yeah!]

nomorepanic
16-08-05, 20:52
Dawn

Wow I am so pleased to hear this and you are doing so well!

It is so lovely to hear success stories but please remember that it is you that made it possible so I hope you give yourself a big pat on the back for all the work you have done to get there.

So pleased for you!
xxx

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

pips
16-08-05, 20:55
Hi Dawn,

A BIG HUGE WELL DONE to you. That's excellent news. Glad to here it's all going so well.

Keep up the good work & POSITIVE thinking!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Meg
16-08-05, 21:59
Dawn,

How fab...

I'm so pleased to hear your good news and I am so proud of you for all the work you have done in recovering yourself .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
16-08-05, 22:21
Well done Dawn. You are doing so well. Glad you are enjoying yourself.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Ambience
16-08-05, 23:04
Wow Dawn,

Amazing story, and i agree with what you say about self acceptance, many of us put too much pressure on ourselfs to be perfect, even when we are suffering, it is better to accept and be honest, it makes the fear weaker when you accept yourself the way you are, and change the things that matter.

Welcome to the board,
Love Janey xx

"There would be nothing to frighten you if you refused to be afraid." "Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it." Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." "Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared." "Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death" "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."

kate
17-08-05, 07:47
Hi Dawn,

Glad to hear that things are going well for you and that you are having a lovely summer holiday.

Love Kate x

dizzyd
28-08-05, 20:57
Just had to update this success story..... Got back this afternoon from a week in the Lakes. It was so relaxing and great fun. We went to see Herbie at the cinema and I didn't mind sitting in the middle of a row. We took part in a Laser Quest Challenge ( shooting people with Laser Guns in the dark, flashing lights, dry ice, heart pounding music the lot and I came 1st out of 16! ) I mention the Laser Quest particularly because whilst at the reception desk talking to the receptionist I had a massive, wooshy, totally out of the blue, heart sinking, fainting feeling, giddy, dizzy spell - mid-conversation. No explanation why. I carried on the conversation with her but could feel myself closing in on the sensation I had just experienced. After returning to the waiting area I mentioned the dizzy spell to my husband - (so he could tell the ambulance men why I had passed out - if I should!) Then guess what I took myself off to the Ladies and had a chat with Him above and myself.... Put it all in His hands ..... Went back out and got on with a fab Laser Quest game (Did I mention I won!?!) I went out for a meal that night and continued to have a relaxing holiday. I ACCEPT I will never find out why the dizzy spell happened, and you know what that IS the key to FREEDOM ... I have said it before and will say it again ACCEPTANCE. Love and God Bless Dawn x x x

Meg
28-08-05, 21:08
Dawn,

I am so pleased you're doing so well ... many congratulations

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

in1peace
30-08-05, 05:52
Hi DizzyD!
I like your attitude! Looking forward to hearing more about you!
Thanks for sharing,
Andrea

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)