PDA

View Full Version : In need of advice!!

CarlNottm
20-04-09, 07:44
Hi,

For the past week I have had what i beleive to be a swollen stomach, i can actually feel it pushing into my ribs, along with it ive had mild back ache and worst of all breathelessness. Im going to try and get a doctors appointment but in the mean time i fear the worst like always! does anyone else get these symptoms? Does it sound like IBS? Do you get breathless with IBS?

cheers
C

Chrismascray
20-04-09, 09:34
Hi just a quickie as I am supposed to be working !! BUT I have been told, last week I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, I too have or get a swollen tummy, yes I do feel breathless sometimes, I feel so full, I get a lot of wind etc etc . I have found out through my Doc, not google, that there are many symptoms with IBS nad you dont have to get them all, they also can change from day to day, also I have found the worst thing for my IBS isnt food it isnt stress over other things, It si Sress over IBS, I worry about the IBS feelings, causes me more stress and voila right on que more IBS, So if it helps to know someone else gets what ytou have described, My hand is in the air, and so are many many others, I know becaase I have the replies to MY concerns over IBS.
Take care.
Chris

CarlNottm
20-04-09, 11:56
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply, I have just been to the doctors who as useful as a chocolate teapot lol. She didnt mention IBS she implied that I was imagining the swollen stomach as she couldn't feel anything. I think its a disgrace because I kept waking up last night breathless with it, she just told me to take gaviscon and if that doesn't work come back although I have been like this over 7 days now. Oh well!!

Thanks again
Carl