PDA

View Full Version : headaches

elrpigeon
16-08-05, 20:58
Hi, i sometimes get real bad headaches, like now, although this is the nicer end of bad headaches, with neck ache, like a trapped nerve feeling, eye strain, warmth etc, but with this headache i get like a throbbing sensation which feels like my head is going to explode, i generally worry its a brain tumour and silly stuff like that, but another thing that worries me is i go numb when i have the bad headaches, like the sensation on my skin is tingling and sometimes i cant feel me touching it as much as when i am ok, sometimes my hands go sort of numb too, i have no idea why. im not really worrying too much about it at the moment, just not liking feeling bad.. could be the weather, i get like this with heat and pressure being high.. but still... not nice... was wondering if anyone has anything like that themselves

Power of the mind is incredible, we now think negative by it, we can get out thinking positive too!

mandie
16-08-05, 23:52
Hi

I understand how your feeling. Iv been getting bad headaches recently. They are at the back of my head near my neck. Also my eyes feel strained, and funny. I often think I have got a brain tumour.

I get the warm feeling as well. I know its probably all anxiety and if I keep myself busy then sometimes I dont get them.

Today my head felt so heavy it felt like it was going to explode. I am blocked up quite bad today so it could even be sinus.

The more I think bout it the worse they feel.

You are not alone.

Take care x

elrpigeon
17-08-05, 15:58
Thanks, that sounds so much like what i get half the time, although this time it might be that or other things and a bug or something cos i felt very very bad in the night sick wise and headache wise, and ended up being ill, so it might be a bug or i had something that wasnt right for food which made my headache worse and me ill.
Am much better today although drained but hey its alot better than how i felt last night i can tell you that!

Emily X

Power of the mind is incredible, we now think negative by it, we can get out thinking positive too!

sensei_deano
19-08-05, 20:42
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi

I understand how your feeling. Iv been getting bad headaches recently. They are at the back of my head near my neck. Also my eyes feel strained, and funny. I often think I have got a brain tumour.

I get the warm feeling as well. I know its probably all anxiety and if I keep myself busy then sometimes I dont get them.

Today my head felt so heavy it felt like it was going to explode. I am blocked up quite bad today so it could even be sinus.

The more I think bout it the worse they feel.

You are not alone.

Take care x

<div align="right">Originally posted by mandie - 16 August 2005 : 23:52:42</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I also have the headaches in that exact spot, I feel numbness in my body and across my head and in parts of my face, including nose, cheeks and even lips! Also my eyes have been much more sensitive, and I have had blurred vision.I did go to see the optician last week and he told me that my eyes are medically fine, but that i definitely need glasses because my eyes were working far too hard with images at short range. So I will be picking up my new glasses in the next few days and will let you know how that goes. My doctor said there is nothing to worry about and that it is probably an optic migraine. I am pretty sure the same principle will apply here and everything will soon seem so much better in a short space of time :)

Dean x

florence
20-08-05, 11:07
Hi Elrpigeon

I do get headaches quite often too, with back shoulder and neck aches like you. It's definitely tension and the tingling & numbness is anxiety related for sure.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">i generally worry its a brain tumour and silly stuff like that</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

This worrying pattern is bound to make you feel more anxious, therefore have more symptoms ( tingling, numbness etc etc... ) It's a vicious circle.

Florence.

**To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.**

Piglet
20-08-05, 12:11
Hi Pigeon,

Maybe the replies to Allisons post 'tension' may help for you too!!

Love Piglet:)

katieb
20-08-05, 21:05
Hi elrpigeon
I had some really bad headaches last year which went on for a couple of months. I was diagnosed with chronic daily headache by my doctor. At one stage I ended up seeing the neurologist as they were really affecting me. I did take amitriptyline which did help me out, but made me feel drained the next day. After a couple of weeks I got use to them and then weaned myself slowly off when I began to feel better. Mine were definately related to stress and tension. I find now taking Syndol is excellent for tension headaches, but normally take a night as they can make you drowsy, but you can feel the tension draining away!! Hope this helps

Maddieg
21-08-05, 13:53
Hi

Ive been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks on and off for the past 16 years. However, they have got worse recently and Ive experienced headaches, numbness, tingling etc and I'm undergoing hypnotherapy as I am constantly worrying that ive got a brain tumour and Im about to die. Ive only recently found this website and I cried when I read how many people are suffering similar symptoms. I thought I was the only one and that I was going mad...

MaddieG

elrpigeon
21-08-05, 15:59
Fantastic posts people, seriously, it makes so much sense and is very helpful to know im not alone in it, as being ill i.e. headache for a few hours wears anyone down and makes them feel bad let alone us who have anxiety issues etc.

Hope you all get better with anxiety and headaches go or are managable!
Some good advice people, much appreciated:D
Take care of yourselves!
Emily X

Elle-Kay
06-03-06, 14:24
I used to get a lot of unexplained headaches (and still do, come to that!) which always centred around where my skull joins my neck. It turned out that I suffer with migraines, as my mother did before me! After reading a lot of stuff since, I can see now that they are probably linked to my anxiety, and though I'm not rid of them (I had one this morning in fact), knowing that they are "just" migraines helped me a lot when I couldn't understand what was happening to me. It might be worth going to your GP to talk about the possibility of migraines, as there are prescription and over the counter medicines which control them better than paracetamol/aspirin/ibuprofen, as well as other suggestions that GPs can make.

Leah xx

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

Silly Blonde
06-03-06, 14:34
If you read any anxiety book - they all talk about the tightening band around the head feeling. Anxiety hits our weak spots (mine is clearly my guts!!!), and my aromatherapist says its incredible how much tension people hold in their scalps

If it is any help, brain tumours do not come and go, I lost my dear Mum to a brain tumour 4 years ago, and she never ever complained of headaches at all - they throw up very obvious symptoms that doctors do not miss (not going to list them 'cos thats as bad as Googling), but please believe me when I say that headaches that come and go do not mean you have a brain tumour!!!

And that's coming from someone who had ovarian cancer last week, bowel cancer at the weekend and today its cancer of the gullet!!!;)

berry-nice
06-03-06, 19:39
Hey, I've had these kind of headaches for over 2 years now. I know exactly how you feel.. all I worry about is a brain tumor etc, it's a real frightening thought but I just can't help thinking it- even after my doctors told me i'm fine. I think if i had proof that there's nothing there i'd start to feel much better.
My headaches change all the time..
At the moment it feels like the the top of my head is being squashed and its full of cotton wool.. I feel as though my memories going or something, I hate headaches :o( Also my eyes are straining alot lately and they feel quite dry! If you want a chat, send me a message! Take care hun x

~*Rachel*~

MOWMAN
06-03-06, 20:11
Yep, i get band headaches particularly in temples and back of neck, also my eyes kind of tingle - weird feeliing !
Andy

nomorepanic
06-03-06, 21:24
A good back and neck massage may help relieve the tension here - worth a go.

Nicola

EmmaJane
25-04-06, 12:29
Ive got the the real bad headache today, it kept me awake at night. I feel like my heads going to explode and have all the thoughts of brain tumour, i also have real bad pains in my stomach, so as far as im concerned I have stomach or bowel cancer aswell. Im in a bit of a state at the moment. Thinking surely all this pain, cant just be down to stress/anxiety?

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Silly Blonde
25-04-06, 14:44
Hi Emma

Hope the headache has eased slightly. I don't tend to get headaches but have constant stomach ache and lower back ache. My Mum died of a brain tumour and the first symptoms she noticed were not headaches!!!!!! I won't list her symptoms as its as bad as Googling - but she worked at a doctors surgery and they spotted it straight away and sent her to her own GP!!!

I've just started acupuncture and my therapist says that she sees (and cures HOPEFULLY!!!) loads of people with anxiety and 9/10 people with anxiety have blinding headaches.

Someone else mentioned Syndol, they are great, but take them at night!!! But they do make you feel all nice and drowsy when they take effect!!

Take care, and don't worry you're fine - its just this horrid anxiety thing. Just be glad you're not me - can you imagine how my mind would be working if I had headaches all the time!!!!!!

loulabella
26-10-09, 18:37
Hi elrpigeon
I had some really bad headaches last year which went on for a couple of months. I was diagnosed with chronic daily headache by my doctor. At one stage I ended up seeing the neurologist as they were really affecting me. I did take amitriptyline which did help me out, but made me feel drained the next day. After a couple of weeks I got use to them and then weaned myself slowly off when I began to feel better. Mine were definately related to stress and tension. I find now taking Syndol is excellent for tension headaches, but normally take a night as they can make you drowsy, but you can feel the tension draining away!! Hope this helps

Hiya,

Was just wondering what mg of Amy you took to control your headaches? x

sarah jayne
26-10-09, 20:34
Ive been suffering from a constant headache for 3 months, today its that bad thats its making me feel sick. Ive tried everything to get rid of it....

loulabella
26-10-09, 20:46
Have u been to the doctor about some amitriptaline?