PDA

View Full Version : sleep

neelam30
20-04-09, 10:10
I need some help please. I am having problems at night, and I know its anxiey, like dizziness and breathlessness, palps when I am nodding off to sleep. Not every night is bad, sometime i ignore it and continue off to sleep, but last night was pretty bad; I couldn’t sleep cause it was making me feel so ill. The problem is I wake up every morning with the bad night fresh in my memory and it makes me really anxious for the whole day, though I try so hard to ignore it. . Its making me depressed, and I just need some advice so every day is not one where I am filled with fear from the word go. I share a room with my sister, but even her presence doesn’t reassure me.
Any advice?

Allye
20-04-09, 10:17
You could try some relaxation CDs. I use one called Deep Sleep Every Night by Glenn Harrold. You can buy his CDs from amazon and I find them very useful.

I have recorded it onto my MP3 player and my partner brought me a "sleep pillow" with speakers so you don't get caught up with headphones and no one else can here the CD

anana
23-04-09, 01:52
i am having the same problem, when i start to fall asleep my brain seems to think i am fainting which completely wakes me up and this cycle goes round and round.

doing something else for a while or getting some fresh air (especially if you are too warm) helps a little. also i seem to be able to fall asleep during the day easier.

amandaj
23-04-09, 14:50
hi maybe you could go to drs and see if theres anything they can give you at night , im same i dont sleep a wink i didnt even with slepping tabs byut we are all different so worth a go for you hope you find something to help you

amanda

mysonmarcus
23-04-09, 16:36
Hi Neelam

You have started an interesting thread about panic at sleeptime. We can be more accutely aware at night due to the silence and also due to less distractions.

The sufferer wants so badly not be that way that introspection grows until an anxious state occurs or increases. ................... the creation of a conditioned response is initiated . This response is 'cued' by the place (bed), thoughts etc etc.

I would say every person with this disorder, goes through periods, sometimes years wanting this away, wanting so much to have what they deem a return to a 'normal' life.................... THIS IS AN ANXIEY PERPETUATING desire. To try to be something other than we are right at this point in time gives rise to tension and keeps nerves on edge.

A softer and gentler approach that interferes with the normal process of moving towards sleep will begin the curing................... a different room, tv on instead of, or staying up till sleep comes, exercie if you can do it 1 hour before bed etc etc..............break the habit formed.

It will help if you remove most of your daily duties and obligations also for the time being.

Actually allowing yourself to be 'in' this anxious state will move you down to a lower level in a short time. Concentrate on removing thought, to find an empty mind...........it may bring tears.

Better sleep patterns will return in 7 - 10 days.

I wish you the very best.

Mark

Panickypants
23-04-09, 18:18
i am having the same problem, when i start to fall asleep my brain seems to think i am fainting which completely wakes me up and this cycle goes round and round.

doing something else for a while or getting some fresh air (especially if you are too warm) helps a little. also i seem to be able to fall asleep during the day easier.

Oh my god i have just posted a thread on anxity forum, this is how i feel, sometimes that my heart is about to stop i had it lastnight and now all day i have been anxious and had a panic attack this morning, it's a relief to hear it is just a symptom tho..I honestly thought my heart was stopping obviously the faint feeling isn't anything to worry about x x

mandie
24-04-09, 19:46
Hi

I suffer like this to. sometimes its so bad i can only sleep when im in my living room with the tv on.

i have a relaxation cd that i do sometimes in the evening and that helps me a bit

love mandie x

Panickypants
24-04-09, 20:47
I LIke to sleep with the TV on too it soothes me