PDA

View Full Version : hunger

neelam30
20-04-09, 11:45
Whenever I am hungry I feel suddenly breathless like a single gasp for air, and my heart goes faster, and I feel bit dizzy and shaky. Could this be just hunger, but my mind confuses the strange feeling with panic?
Any ideas? I don’t eat much so I do feel hungry every few hours.
Its beginning to scare me now

nomorepanic
20-04-09, 11:47
It sounds like hypoglycemia to me

countrygirl
20-04-09, 13:12
Perfect description of low blood sugar ( hypo) as previously posted. My husband is diabetic and I also have occasional hypos due to low blood sugar but I am not diabetic. The reason you feel like a panic attack is that your body releases adrenalin to get the sugar out of your liver and into your blood stream as your liver stores glucose. So the symptoms are so alike - the shakes and dizzy and racing heart are all due to the adrenalin release as the body will try to protect your brain that needs huge amounts of glucose to function. That why you get the huge hunger pangs as well to make you eat!

Worst thing you can do is yoyo between hypo attacks and eating high sugar foods which then make you crash a few hours later into another hype.

Try to eat natural foods with natural sugar and don't go too long without eating.