PDA

View Full Version : went doctors about tonsillitis

leeann
20-04-09, 13:33
Finished my antibiotics yesterday. My throat still bit sore and tongue and throat still spotty. He said the tonsillitis is gone but glands still look red and the tongue could be due to the virus. Has any one every still felt poorly afterwards Im worrying I have a seriuos illness. I surpose keep looking at the back of my thraot isnt helping but Im realy pancking Hate being poorly, Aneixty always makes it so much worse. :weep:

How long does virus take to go :weep: had it for nearly 2 weeks now xxx

bex1970
20-04-09, 16:10
yes, had tonsilitis just after Christmas. First time I'd been ill in ages. Got antibiotics and it cleared up (well, the pain did). Then got some weird cold/virus thing for 4 weeks afterwards. Have only just started to feel normal. I saw the ENT 3 times.... it just seemed endless. Same as you, sore tongue, swollen glands.... Horrid, and I thought it was something scary but it seems to be going now.... finally.
Poor you.
xx

xfilme
23-04-09, 14:43
Finished my antibiotics yesterday. My throat still bit sore and tongue and throat still spotty. He said the tonsillitis is gone but glands still look red and the tongue could be due to the virus. Has any one every still felt poorly afterwards Im worrying I have a seriuos illness. I surpose keep looking at the back of my thraot isnt helping but Im realy pancking Hate being poorly, Aneixty always makes it so much worse. :weep:

Two weeks ago, I caught a virus off my dad who was staying with me. It started out as a sore throat. Within a day I could hardly swallow and it had turned into tonsillitis. I went to the docs but they couldnt see me for a week.... I gargled aspirins for about 4 days and eventually it cleared... but I was getting really bad sinus tension and my sinuses were so blocked i was getting constant migranes. It turned into a bad sinus infection. I had constant THICK mucus streaming down the back of my throat. I took Sudafed Decongestants for 3 days. In this time it became so bad I developed conjunctivitis in both eyes. The tablets cleared my sinuses but the mucus had been sitting too thick on my chest to cough up. This caused a chest infection. I started having a really bad cough and that was so persistent i had not slept for 4 days and I had lost my voice. I started Sudafed expectorant liquid. Which is still clearing my chest now. The week of decongestants had dried all the moisture out of my throat and the coughing had caused my esophagus to become ulceratred.I have now had it all for about two weeks. I can sleep again. I now feel like im being strangled constantly. Like that lump in your throat feeling you get when you cry. Its been the worst virus Ive ever had. I totally sympathise with your situation. I believe its just a real nasty virus going round. Look after yourself and keep drinking eating and sleeping as much as poss. It feels like forever but im sure we'll both get through x

mummyto4
23-04-09, 14:49
I had something like this quite recently and apparently it is a tonsilitis VIRUS that is going around. To be honest with you I couldn't shake the bad throat for about 6 weeks! sent my HA through the roof! Try not to worry too much and you will find it will ease up We are all so used to 'normal' types of illnesses that we tend to panic when we get new or different ones. Hope you feel better soon.
x

Trish
23-04-09, 15:56

I'm hoping Leeann that i've had a touch of what you have:ohmy: I've been the same with worry over my tongue, mouth & throat after having a cold/virus type thing.

My throat is still scratchy and feels really odd and my tongue is sore to, but i do have a touch of oral thrush.

I will take comfort from you, if you take comfort from me:roflmao: and hopefully we will both get better very soon:yesyes:

:bighug1:

Trish x