PDA

View Full Version : If you need a laugh, read this.

j2
20-04-09, 14:47
Last Friday I am sitting at my desk and worrying about my health instead of doing something productive. All of the sudden everything gets a red tint to it. I immediately freak out, I think I must be having a stroke, a tumor and/or some kind of attack brought on by any number of serious, undiagnosed and fatal conditions. I stand up and look around, still everything has this reddish tint. I was in complete panic. I nearly passed out and I felt like heading straight for an emergency room. I head for the WC to splash some water on my face and when I get inside, all the colors are normal. I feel better but confused so I leave the WC and just then I happen to look out side and I see that a storm cloud had passed in front of the sun and was causing the strange hue. I immediately feel better. Now I work on a floor with hundreds of people and I am sure that I am the only one who can mistake a storm cloud for a stroke in under 5 seconds. I had to laugh at myself and I hope you get a good chuckle out of this too. I have to laugh or I will cry.
Good luck

sharona
20-04-09, 14:57
Hi

Thats made me laugh, we are silly but thats how its gets us.

Take care

Sharona xxx

Shiloh
20-04-09, 14:57
J2

Thanks for sharing that and yes I've been there under different circumstances and felt pretty dumb afterwards!:blush: :D Laughter is good medicine

lauren6
20-04-09, 17:08
That story is uplifting because I sure see myself doing the same. It's also interesting because it shows how quickly panic can cause the feelings you had. For me, it's immediate (my tummy, usually). Cute ending, it's good to occasionally see humor in this.

Ireni
21-04-09, 03:28
That's hilarious, j2! Though I appreciate that it must have been terrifying at the time.

A similar thing happened to me last year. I was sitting outside of Sainsbury's waiting for my mum to finish shopping. I was already panicking due to some other mysterious health problems. Anyway, as I was sitting I looked down and noticed that my hands were blue. Blue. I immediately started panicking and repeating 'my hands are blue' over and over again. I thought I'd lost circulation or something and they were about to drop off. After about a minute I realised that I'd been sitting underneath a blue-tinted roof! It was either glass or plastic and very, very blue. I still remember that incident because it really highlighted how ridiculous the whole thing was. It made me more determined to get better. So...that's my story.

helen26
21-04-09, 11:06
lol, that made me laugh! i have 2 storys to share with you. i was in the living room and went in2 the kitchen..when i got in there, the whole kitchen had a white tinge!, i looked at the window and i couldnt see anything, it was all white! i started to panic and was thinking i was having a stroke or going blind (i know, i know!) so i stumbled to the window, and there was a huge lorry outside my house, it was white (what i surprise!) it was nearly blocking the whole street up...needless to say i was relived! another time...just before christmas we decided to go for a out for a meal, i went out and bought some black skinny jeans (thought i looked the business!) so i got home, cut the label out and off i went....went for the meal, came home, had a chat with the babysitter and went for a wee....well, i pulled my jeans down, sat on the toilet, looked at my legs....OMG THEY WERE BLACK!.....so i thought 1. gangrene (!) 2. circulation 3. my legs are going to fall off.......! so started rubbing them to get the circulation going (!) and i had black hands......yes it was the dye of my trousers. phew! the label said they should be washe before worn, doh!!!:blush:

amu
21-04-09, 17:12
:D This reminds me of the time I went for a wee, and what came out was completely dark pink/red instead of anything resembling normal colour. I freaked, of course, until 5 seconds later I realised that I had a "healthy moment" that morning and drank a pint of beetroot juice... :blush: