PDA

View Full Version : Extra beats and gas

scberickson
20-04-09, 17:27
Hi,

This is my first posting. I have been having these weird palpitations--heart fluttering, since I was a teenager, and I am now 30. I always have pushed them off as due to anxiety. I have awful anxiety and have been on Rx since I was 17 or so. I feel like my heart is beating an extra beat and sometime, most times, if I burp it takes away from the heavy feeling in my chest and throat when the extra beat comes. I hope I make sense. It all makes sense to me, but when I write it out, it feels like I am running in circles. That's why I haven't talked to a doctor about it yet. I just don't know how to explain it. Such a weird feeling. No wonder I have anxiety and panic attacks. I worry too much, I think. Well, can anyone else explain this feeling better, if they feel the same :)

Thanks,
scberickson

Rich101
23-04-09, 21:21
Hi yeah I can relate to this, look at the post on paroxymal a f, we have had a brief discussion on this sort of feeling. You obviously havent got a.f, but I certainly feel compression in my chest at times, sometimes after eating, bending down quickly, or after exercising, and sometimes force a burp out to try and rid the preassure.!

Lawton86
23-04-09, 21:45
Sorry mate, i dont have this feeling so i am kinda no use to you. But i do suffer badly with anxiety and panic attacks.

Just wanted to say Welcome to NMP. it has been a godsend this website to me as a new anxiety sufferer and people will always help you and more then likely we are are or have had the same feelings at some point :)

NoPoet
23-04-09, 23:29
Hello mate, what I would say to you is that if you've had this for years, you certainly don't have to worry. If the problem was serious you would have known about it by now. Why not save yourself more worrying and have a word with your doctor? Let us know what the doctor says as I am curious. I would imagine it's something to do with trapped wind.