PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

Thomson7
20-04-09, 17:28
Hello,

I used to smoke cannabis quite heavily (recently stopped due to panic attacks) ive been to the doctors told him everything, he diagnosed me as being depressed and put me on Citalopram 20mg. My main worries are about being seriously ill, and that i will never get better. I just want to get better, has anyone got any advice for me?

Day one of the citalopram, feeling spaced out, felt sick earlier, feeling anxious too.

starlight78
20-04-09, 21:15
Hi Thomson,

Well done for giving up the cannabis, that couldn't have been easy.. especially not when your depressed.. you must be strong!

The citalopram can make things feel a little worse to start with.. i was very anxious and spaced out for about 5-7 days and then it started to get better after about 14 days. Totally worth it though, it has helped me alot, as has CBT.

Hang on in there and read the great advice that you'll find on this site.

Wishing you lots of happiness xx

purplehaze
21-04-09, 04:09
When I worked in mental health I had more clients that had smoked cannibis than anything else. And they call it the "safe drug" as well. The truth is anything that messes up your head is not safe, but the good thing is you've stopped, so all credit to you for that.

Good news.....You will get better and stick with the meds for a while until you level out. I would suggest staying on them for at least 6 months but you'll begin to feel better long before that but dont just come off them when you feel better, speak to your doc at that stage.

Thomson7
21-04-09, 08:22
Thankyou for the support.

I found i woke up last night in the middle of the night tossing and turning a bit, but eventually got back to sleep. When i woke up this morning my body temprature was all over the place, one second i was cold, next i was hot, so eventually i just got out of bed. Is this a side effect of the medication or is this a bad reaction to it?