PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

linjane
17-08-05, 08:52
Hi,
I haven't forgotten about this forum and I do still need all of your advice, just don't seem to have any time any more!!!

We've just come back from a week at Devon Cliffs (Haven camp) we had a lovely relaxing week by the sea with gorgeous weather!

I have just tried to replied to Sadies recent post, but on my computer its coming up with a server error..??

But, as usual, I have the same concerns as Sadie and I am probably more worried about them than usual, because of being pregnant (I'm 8 weeks now and already my clothes are getting tight!!) Anyway, as usual I am still worried about the palpitations/ectopic beats. They haven't gone away now that I'm pregnant and considering I can't take the propranalols anymore, they haven't really got much worse, but I AM STILL SO SCARED OF THEM!!!!!! I've had them now for over three years and like Sadie, I'm worried that the effect of them is having a long term bad effect on my heart and causing problems that the docs choose to ignore. Also, what will happen when I go into labour will my body cope with the ectopics then???? I feel a bit like I'm back to square one and they are making me irritable again, even though, in general I'm quite happy, especially with the pregnancy? Will I just have to put up with these ectopics for ever and will they REALLY not ever hurt me????

Sorry for the same sort of reassurances needed.....

Take care,
Linda.xxx

Meg
17-08-05, 13:57
Hi Linda,

Yes , they will not hurt you and no, they are not doing you any long term harm at all and yes labour will be fine but you might want to discuss it with your midwife so they are aware of it and may decide to do an ECG or 24 hr tape before you're due.

**I can't take the propranalols anymore, they haven't really got much worse** Juts as well you're off them now then !

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

pinkscrumpy
17-08-05, 14:24
Hi Linda

Like you I have had my heart probs for years and they are the scariest thing about my anxiety.

I am glad you asked those questions and thankful for the replies.

It is still a worry if we will have to put up with these forever though?

I'm glad that your palps etc are no worse after stoppping the propanolol.

Like you I always need the constant reasurance on this prob.

Take care plum

love

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

kate
17-08-05, 14:25
Linda,

I just came back on Saturday from a week at Devon Cliffs!

Kate x

linjane
17-08-05, 16:58
Thanks Meg and Mandie for the reassurance.

Hi Kate, wonder if we passed each other!?? Where about did you stay, we were in Spruces field. Did you enjoy yourself? I thought the setting was lovely, never been there before and would have bought one of the caravans on offer if I had the money lol.!!

Love, Linda.x

kate
17-08-05, 22:26
Hi Linda,

We were in Hawthorn, right at the back up a hill lol

It was the third time we had been there, it's a lovely place isn't it??

Shame we hadn't known cos we could have had a Devon Cliffs mini meet up!

Love Kate x

linjane
18-08-05, 17:51
Hi Kate,

Everythings up hill there isn't it....lol...but at least it was good exercise!! It is a lovely place and hopefully we can go back next year. A mini meet up there would have been good!

I'm still feeling a bit weird, sort of shaky and anxious and the missed beats are still scaring me. Does anyone else have any experiences with them they could share especially when they were pregnant? They were scary enough before but now I'm pregnant they are scaring me even more.

Love, Linda.x

pinkscrumpy
18-08-05, 20:14
Linda

Do you ever feel sort of shakey from the inside with no visable shakes on the out?

Just curious because I do.

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

linjane
18-08-05, 20:18
Hi Mandie,
I know what you mean I think its just anxiousness that you can't control.....??? My feelings are always triggered more if I'm having bad days with the missed beats...When will we ever get over the fear of these and HOW DO YOU DO IT??????????

Love Linda.x

Piglet
18-08-05, 20:30
Hi Lin

Guess its the one we just need to keep being reassured about hun isnt it.

Big hugs

Pigx:)