PDA

View Full Version : Few questions

Jeroenn
20-04-09, 18:35
Hello.

I have a few questions about Health anxiety.

Can anyone explain to me, why my stomach is always moving on every heartbeat? It does it constant, even if I dont panic! I don't think i had this before, atleast, i never noticed it before i had anxiety.

I can always see it beat very well im my stomach (Its the aorta, I allready had a ultrasound for it, and everything was fine) But it keeps doing it, even after ive been relaxing, or did played some football or some other sports.

I know its "normal" for thin people, but I'm not thin .. I'm a bit overweight. So I wonder why I can see it beat in my stomach.

When i walk up the stairs, and lay down at my bed, I can put my mobile phone on my stomach, and it just jumps .. Haha

I'm aware of my heartbeat I think .. I check my pulse a few times a day, but I'm not in panic or what ever .. So can anyone explain to me why it beats so strong, even if I'm not in panic ..?

Is my heartbeat just so strong, and I always had it, but never noticed because i never watched my heartbeat before .. Or is it "normal" for people who suffer anxiety?

Or is it possible that my heart is beating so strong, because my dad died a year ago after a heartattack .. I tryed to save him, but he was allready dead when I found him in his bed room .. As I got this symptom a few monthns after he died!

Or is there something more serious going on? And should I go back to the docter ..? I did a few times, but he told me that this was possible for people who saw something traumatic like me ..

Can anyone help me please ..?

Sorry for my bad English, I'm from holland .. So my English isnt that good!

Thanks!

Jeroen.

bottleblond
20-04-09, 18:54
Jeroen

I don't know why some people get these beats in the tummy and some don't but trust me, it is completely natural and normal.

I think you have picked up this Health anxiety because of your dad dying of a heart attack.

Trust me though, that is not a sign of having an unhealthy heart.
It's 100% normal.

Try not to worry
Lisa
xx

reallyfedup
20-04-09, 19:05
the same happened to
me with my dad. I was 16 at the time-32 years on it is something I have never forgotten and i think because of your tragic experience you are more aware of your heart and fear having problems with it. This fear then makes us anxious and the heart beats stronger and so you notice it more and the vicious circle goes on. Hope you find some peace x:flowers: