PDA

View Full Version : Social anxiety

Ebony
20-04-09, 19:16
I'm not really sure its a problem but it probably is.
I don't really speak much to anyone at school (the place where i have a good 80% of my attacks) I keep to myself. Its almost like I'm a snail in a shell.
That shell is always around me at school or in public. I don't really feel as if I can trust the people at school. I was back stabbed so many times by people I thought were my friends. After that I felt I could no longer trust and since then I've formed that shell and I don't really want to break it. I'm fine around my close friends and at home but other than that I'm as quiet as a mouse.

melody
21-04-09, 08:59
Hi Ebony,

I was in a terrible state when I was at school because of backstabbers and bullies that used to be my friends once. It hurt a lot. It can be hard to know who to trust, I never figured it out. I know what it's like to feel trapped there. I didn't have panic attacks back then, but there was a lot of secret crying. I thought there was something wrong with me, but there isn't. These people treat everyone like that. It's who they are.

Be grateful that you have your friends around you that you can trust. They are the ones that matter the most.

I hope you are going OK.

Melody