PDA

View Full Version : really freaking out - please help

louise0501
20-04-09, 23:57
hey there, i read in the paper today that in 3 years time theres gonna be a solar storm and we are gonna be left with no electricity and we will go back to the dark ages and i'm really starting to panic coz three years isn't a long time and i'm so so scared right now and i'm on the verge of a panic attack which i havnt had for such a long time. in fact lately ive been feeling a bit better coz i got into university and i've passed my driving test but now i feel like theres no point going to uni coz when i finish in three years this is gonna happen anyway. anyone else read this? any help wanted!
please reply
Luv louise

Southern_Belle
21-04-09, 03:45
Hi Louise,

This is why I don't listen to the news, read the news and basically stay clueless regarding predictions. Do you have any idea how many predictions there are out there practically about everything? Tons! Please do not focus on this stuff and live in the present because that is what we have right now. Do stay away from this type of material because it sets off the "what ifs" in people with anxiety which is just not a good thing. It will help you in the long run.

Take care,

Laura

goingmadder
21-04-09, 09:26
Hey Louise..

I've experience similar fears in the past... as southernbelle says these are predictions and there are millions everyday... THink of it like this... They can't even forecast the weather properly and thats on a day to day basis do you really think they can predict something of that magnitude?

I remember going to the planitarium in UK when i was about 9 with my family and I remember hearing that the sun would explode in the next 500million years or something like that... The rest of my family seems fine with this, i was devestated..in my head it played over and over...

This latest prediction is just a story... How many times in the last 20 years has the END OF THE WORLD been predicted. And how many times did it NOT END.. how many have made suicide pacts because of these predictions? hundreds? thousands?

Heres the thing.. 3 years from now is 2012 right... well 2012 is the dawn of a new astrolgical era.. thats all ... in 2012 we go from the sign of picese to a different sign... The most common religions believe it or not are based on this. For example the christian religion the sign for it is a fish, being the sign of picese. This is because the time in which jesus supposedly walked the earth was the time we entered the age of picese...

Going from one astrological age to another means nothing. Its just the alignment of the earth to the sun and other stars in our galaxy etc...

When things like this panic me as they have done so many times in my past i remind myself that A) even if it does happen there little i can do about it so I may as well enjoy myself and be everything i want to be B) theres more chance of me being hit by a car than of whichever scarry event im focusing on actually happening.

Belle is right about the news being full of negativity.. There are a milion and one different predictions about the world ... Make you're own predictions...Crate your path, focus on you, GO TO UNI and get the best grades you can get, see you friends and family and have the best time you can have... Extend the view from 3 years being to short to perhaps you only have one life and none of us know how long it will be... 3 years 30 years 80years? In 3 years when the Solar Storm doesn't happen you'll have wasted 3 years of your life worrying about it....

Be unreasonably happy, that is to say, be happy without reason. Just be. Take each day like the first and last and live it to its fuillest.. don't worry about tomorrow... Live today... When you wake up tomorrow morning, say to yourself... CARPE DIEM seize the day!

Find something to occupy your mind, and everytime you catch yourself worrying about this recent story or any other for that matter divert your thoughts to something else... a film you've seen or a book you've read, a night out you've enjoyed recently with your friends a great conversation you had with someone... anything...

Big hugs to you !! CARPE DIEM!

X

nomorepanic
21-04-09, 11:57
Did you know this:

At five minutes and six seconds past four am on the 8th of July this year, the time and date will be 04:05:06 07/08/09

Or in the UK (cos we do the dates different) it will 7th August.

starlight78
22-04-09, 09:52
Fantastic post Going Madder.. Really reassuring and intelligent. Bless you xx

goingmadder
22-04-09, 12:39
Thanks Starlight... hope it helped...

i know its easier said than done..

Big hugs to everyone... hope you're all having a better day today than yesterday!!

X