PDA

View Full Version : Lavender

louisa2983
21-04-09, 01:59
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if you use lavender oil and if you think it helps..

I use it in candles the bath on my eye pillow and sometimes rub into pressure points.

For me it helps but can get overwhelmed by the smell sometimes..

xxx

lrforge
21-04-09, 03:07
yes I just started using oils from Oshadhi. LOVE THEM! I am going a little nuts buying them tho! I have Sweet Lavendar and I just add a drop or 2 with unscented lotion, or a drop or 2 and put it on my pillow. It helps for sinuses and stuff to!

nomorepanic
21-04-09, 12:03
I sell lots of Lavender stuff in the online shop as I love the smell of it too.

www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop)

tracy.splosh
21-04-09, 13:46
I too use lavender alot although i cant manage it when i have a cold or sinus problems.

I will go and have a look at the shop now Nic

Love Tracy x

Piglet
21-04-09, 22:33
Another lavender fan here - I always have a bottle in my handbag, infact I have bottles all about the house.

I can thoroughly recommend the little lavender bags that are sold in the NMP shop too for popping in cupboards, drawers or between your pillows and when the aroma needs refreshing you can just add a couple more drops onto the bag. :yesyes:

Love Piglet :flowers:

nomorepanic
22-04-09, 08:30
Piglet - how is the Lavender doing in those bags as I bought it off Ebay and it was supposed to be a quality one.

This year I am growing my own I think and even growing some now from the kit I sell in the online shop.

Just wondered if that Lavender I bought was ok and lasted?

Piglet
22-04-09, 11:02
I think they are good quality Nic - like all fragranced bags or wooden balls they work best in a smaller environment ie: you can smell them more in a drawer than you can in a big wardrobe. I opened my woolly drawer yesterday and got the most gorgeous waft of lavender.:yesyes:

Love Piglet :flowers:

lrforge
22-04-09, 13:41
Just thought I would add this...this is the lavendar product I use (Oshadhi) and its list of what it helps with...

Physical:
Fights sinus infections. Treats coughs and colds. Relieves sore muscles and stiff joints. Supports the immune system.

Psychological:
Refreshes. Relieves nervousness, fear, and anxiety.

Subtle:
Lavender is one of the most important essential oils for subtle energy work. Balances all the energy centers and subtle bodies. Clears and cleanses. Brings in positive energy.

Skin care:
Fights skin infections. Relieves allergic reaction. Useful for small cuts, burns, and bruises.

Worry-wart
22-07-09, 07:31
I have to confess I was a little embarrassed buying Lavender oil. Just seems to me like something your grandmother would buy for her pot pouree project. I told them it was for my cat's fleas.

I love it! That smell must have a direct connection to the pleasure centers in my brain. I feel like I jumped inside a giant pillow.

Couple drops into a folded tissue and carry it around in your pocket all day.