PDA

View Full Version : Do I have Anxiety?

matthew
21-04-09, 08:16
Hello everyone,

Please could someone tell me if I have been suffering from Anxiety.

Back in November I was feeling fine and walking in London Underground ready to catch my train home and all of a sudden I started to feel light headded and my chest where my heart is started to hurt (kind of a pain)

Anyway since then I have been to the doctors who thought it was a strong chance it was Anxiety, I have driven myslef to hospital 4 times and had a quick ECG and had blood tests and a 24 hour heart monitor on me which I carried around with me - ALL FINE!

HOWEVER I do wake up occassionally and feel very anxious and it takes most of the day to ease off. But most of the time I am not feeling mentally anxious much any more (I don't think) but I am getting pains in my chest exactly where my heart is and pains in my left arm down the inside and outside and in my left shoulder. I of course automatically worry that it has something to do with my heart, I mean what else could it be exactly where my heart is???

Surely if I don't feel anxious anymore then these physical symptoms should be getting better or not be there?

Thanks for all your help

Matt

Anyway I hope you can help

LisaLisa
21-04-09, 12:07
Hi Matt

Its seems that anxiety symptoms begin to have a life of their own after a while. I think the very fact that you are very worried about your heart sounds like you are still very anxious and dont realise it. I think that maybe that could cos you to have acid reflux which might cause those pains?

I do and it feels just like that sometimes

Hope that helps

Lisa
xx