PDA

View Full Version : People just get better and leave....?

Lawton86
21-04-09, 08:28
Hey Guys,

Sorry dint know where to post this thread, so it might get moved :shrug:

But i was looking through alot of older threads froma year or 2 years ago , and i never see any of the same names posting on here anymore. Have we to think that thses guys have made it through that bad period and now are leading normal lifes again? i hope so.....gives us all hope!

beauty
21-04-09, 16:21
Hiya,
I used to come on nmp quite a lot while I went through a bad phase of panic, this was about a year and a half ago and I’ve only just started coming back this week. I know that sounds bad because I should have stayed on anyway and shared my positive experience and help others, but I was scared that if I came back on it would remind me of the panic and start it off again. However now I feel strong enough and full recovered to the point where I feel I can come back on to help others without it affecting me.
There is hope for everyone, for me panic comes in phases that usually last about 3 months and come every few years, so I’ll probably get it again in the future. It usually happens a few months after a stressful time, rather than happening during the stressful time. I feel terrible at the time and so scared, but somehow it just leaves me. I’m not sure how but I just kind of recover from it and learn to cope with it. And now I would say I am leaving a normal life, although there is still always the fear there that the panic will come back and it is always there at the back of my mind. So it is possible to leave a normal life, although I know for some it is a lot harder than it was for me to recover and get back to normal.
This site really did help me a lot though and provided so much comfort at a hard time.
I hope you feel better soon, and don’t give up hope xxx

sharona
21-04-09, 16:40
Hi
Thank you, its nice to know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks

Sharona xxx

kate
21-04-09, 16:46
I'm still here :ohmy::blush:

Kate