PDA

View Full Version : QUALITY TIME / OR IS IT?

benoo5
30-12-03, 01:07
first of all,wot is it? if you have children,then its the time,you can set aside each day,to spend one 2 one time with them,with,hopefully no distractions,times they will remember,later in life,and cherish,as happy times.

but wot about us,wot quality time,do we give ourselves...when i was a kiddie,i remember,my grandparents,and uncles ,and older cousins,spending there leisure time,walking,bike riding,listening to gospel music,sitting around the kitchen table talking,sitting late into the nite,in front of a log fire,telling each others stories,eating fresh fruit,and veg that they grew themselves.

wot about today,what do we do with our quality time...we repair,or try to repair things,that have broken,usually without much sucess,we drive our car to the shops,a ten minute walk away,we put on the television,and hardly speak to each other all nite,we dont talk so much on the phone,cos its easier to send an email..we dont have large gardens,so we cant grow our veg..everything comes in a packet or tin,or is delivered by a man,in a crash helmet.

so how do you spend quality time? is it helping your condition?
or should we go back to the old days,and start to enjoy life.

best wishes..bryan.

sadie
30-12-03, 21:31
Hi Bryan,

Thats a very good question..how do I spend my quality time? Well I would have to say that ever since I have suffered my 1st ever PA, I no longer have had a quality time or any time when I have just enjoyed relaxing. I spend my day..worrying, panicking, worrying, panicking... and this is very exhausting.

I realise that this has a large part to play in why 3 yrs on I still feel the same..my condition hasnt got worse but it hasnt improved much either!!

This is why I have decided to change all this as of NOW!! I realise that I need to invest a bit of time energy into myself rather than neglecting my health and happiness.

Will keep you all posted on how Im doing and will hopefully be able to share some good ideas along the way!

Take care

sadie

nomorepanic
30-12-03, 22:12
Hi Bryan

I took a couple of days off from the message forum as you know that I am usually posting every day. I think that was quality time - I sat with a glass of wine and watched some of the TV programmes that I have on video and never seem to find time to watch.

I agree, however, that I don't get much quality time - I come in from work and spend all night on the website, this forum and the chat room. I will try and make some more time for me next year cos you only get one life!

I don't want to neglect you guys in here but at the same time I feel as though I spend my whole life on the net! I need to find a middle-ground and also spend some time with Alex as well.

Let's see what happens eh?

xx

Nicola

benoo5
30-12-03, 23:17
sadie,nicola,

thats great news from you both,i cant wait for next year,everyones getting positive vibes,and are preparing to make little chenges in there lifestyles...little steps...will lead to bigger results,so lets add QUALITY TIME to the list of changes,everyone is making...heres to 2004...bryan.

uryjm
31-12-03, 09:27
"Rise early, for the hours before sunrise are stolen from Paradise".
That's a Hindu proverb (or something) and I get quality time with myself in the early hours before the family and the rest of the world wake up. It's important to have time to yourself. That way you can make time for others. It's a good time for filling in your journal too.

Jim

Laurie28
05-01-04, 12:17
Hiya all,

I must admit I don't have a lot of quality time for me with working f/t and 2 kids it is very difficult. I don't know what i would even do!!!

Lucky

nomorepanic
05-01-04, 22:51
Lucky

You could just take some time out for yourself - relaxing bath, a book, a glass of wine, a good flim on tv etc.

Try it - it could help you relax.

Nicola