PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please help me get better??

nervousliss
21-04-09, 13:28
Hi Everybody:
I am hoping someone could help me understand and feel better. I have been feeling like this for about 9 months and don't know what else to do. I little about me...I have a 1 year old son married to a great guy and am very happy. About 2 months after I had my son I just started to feel wierd, lightheaded, feeling like I can't breathe, tingly feelings, a feeling of numbness (but not numb) in my legs and muscle twitches. I went to the dr's did all the blood tests and even an MRI and everything came back great!! I even went to a neuro who said everything is fine, I'm fine...I don;t have ms or any other type of neuro disease.

I have been back and forth to my dr's and retakes my blood (for reassurance) and everything is fine. No weakness. He says its anxiety.there is NOTHING medically wrong with me.

The thing that really scares me is my legs...does anyone every get this feeling of numbness, but I could feel everything?? Its almost like the muscles are numb?? Is it lack of exercise? Sitting at a desk all day? I just don't know what to think or do anymore. I'm sick of being achy, having muscle twitches...etc. I just so scared that I have ms or als and the dr's are missing it.

PLEASE REASSURE ME!!!:weep: Why can't I just get over this??

j2
21-04-09, 14:08
All of the symptoms you are describing are right out of the anxiety playbook. My muscles twitch, feel weak and numb frequently and have for years. I too am generally happy but I still get plenty of symptoms. I have 3 small kids and a great wife but a very busy life. I read somewhere that our bodies just aren't designed to be as busy as we are and that we really need to try and relax more. I know you have heard this before but I have had some luck with a combination of things. There are several good books about health anxiety. I like one called "It is not all in your head" by Asmundson (sp?). I listen to a hynotherapy cd on my way to work for stress relief. I do yoga a couple of times a week and I try to go for a run or swim a couple of times a week. Getting enough sleep can make a world of difference. When our baby has a rough night or I simply can't sleep (this happens too often) I know that the next couple of days are going to be full of physical symptoms. Even though I know this, I still worry that I have something wrong with me. This forum is great for people like us and I encourage you to post whenever you feel the need. We won't judge and you will usually get good advice. I do searches on this site for my symptoms and I always find someone else that has these problems and they are always related to anxiety. This makes me feel better. Lastly, never put your symptoms in google. It will only freak you out. Good luck.

J2

LisaLisa
21-04-09, 14:09
Hi

Im am feeling very much like you just now. I had a baby 6 months ago and partly because i got really wound up worrying about what was wrong and too much googling i am still feeling bad. My advice is that the only way to get through this is to remember every single day that your symptoms are just anxiety and worn out nerves and that there is nothing seriously wrong. Now that sounds straight forward but its not. When you are anxious like this the physical symptoms of anxiety occur independantly of your mental anxiety, if that makes sense. So you could be feeling quite calm and then feel scared out of your wits out of the blue. Or your feeling fine than your hands start tingling and before you know it you can feel the adrenaline surging through you with fear. Saying it only anxiety does not give anxiety its true importance because its very very powerfull in how it makes you feel physically and mentally.

You really have to be aware that part of suffering with anxiety is that feeling that there is something wrong. like impending doom as they say! That feeling causes you to doubt the drs and anyone who tells you its okay and not to worry. So please please please remember that the feeling that there is something wrong is a trick of the mind and remember that every time you start to give fuel to that feeling , you dont need to its a false feeling cuased my anxiety. Also its really important to try and not be phased by the physical symptoms, they are alarming, they make you feel wierd and awful but they do pass and everyone has them with anxiety,its normal. Theres explanations of that on this site and its great to read.

Hope that helps

Lisa
xxxxx:hugs: