PDA

View Full Version : One Hurdle Crossed...

Trish
21-04-09, 16:23
...two more to go!

One being that i went to the dentist today and got on ok apart from what they are going to charge me for new dentures and 5 appts....£800!!!

Second being a chest xray that i have to have on Thursday, i'm bricking it coz i noticed on the form that the box is marked 'Urgent' i know this could be because my GP knows that my anxiety is high at the moment...but it's still frightening.

Thirdly waiting for a ENT appt which my GP is 'Fast Tracking' i'm at my wits end:weep:

Can anyone tell me if anxiety makes their mouths get really dry that it causes a slight sore throat and a hoarse voice at times? My poor stomach is doing somersaults:weep:

Thank you

Trish x

sharona
21-04-09, 16:37
Hi

Thats expensive for you teeth?

I would not worry about your x ray, it will only make you worse.

When I am anxious my mouth goes really dry and my voice changes.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Sharona x

Trish
21-04-09, 16:56
Hi Sharona

Yes it really is a lot of money, i'm going private coz i can have more say in what they are doing as i have a big 'hang up' regarding my mouth etc, so although it's a huge amount of money it's something i have to do.:ohmy:

Thank you for your support.

Trish x

Trixie
21-04-09, 18:26
...two more to go!

One being that i went to the dentist today and got on ok apart from what they are going to charge me for new dentures and 5 appts....£800!!!

Second being a chest xray that i have to have on Thursday, i'm bricking it coz i noticed on the form that the box is marked 'Urgent' i know this could be because my GP knows that my anxiety is high at the moment...but it's still frightening.

Thirdly waiting for a ENT appt which my GP is 'Fast Tracking' i'm at my wits end:weep:

Can anyone tell me if anxiety makes their mouths get really dry that it causes a slight sore throat and a hoarse voice at times? My poor stomach is doing somersaults:weep:

Thank you

Trish x

Is the £800 for private treatment because I was under the impression that they can only charge up to a certain amount and it isn't £800.:ohmy:

Trish
21-04-09, 18:44
Hi Trixie

Yes it's private and includes the appts fees.

Trish x

bex1970
21-04-09, 21:36
Definitely get sore throat, dry mouth when anxious - would have thought totally normal and a reaction to your fears.

Good on you about the denist - think it's brilliant! Hopefully it will ease some of your discomfort.

My chest x-ray was marked urgent too (last year) - think it's so they speed up the results because we're worriers !! Mine was clear....

HAve pm'd you by the way.

you're going ok Trish - you've LEAPED over one big hurdle.... well done. Sometimes it's worth the expense just to feel a bit better - normally private dentists have schemes where you can pay monthly don't they?

Trish
21-04-09, 21:46
Thank you Bex:) I have 4 more appts and i'm paying £200 each time...:weep:

Will read your pm now thank you.

:bighug1: