PDA

View Full Version : Really worried!!

strawberry1756
21-04-09, 21:15
Hi:unsure:

I have been doing so well this past month, Ive gone back to work, started Yoga, and going out with friends etc. I havent had depersonalisation for over a month until this afternoon!!! I was at a pub having my dinner and it all of a sudden came over me, I try to distract myself but when it come over me I just cant control the strangeness!!. We had been to the same pub when I felt my worst a couple of months ago so maybe it was because it reminded me of how bad I felt back then Im not sure. Im worrying now that it is all going to come back like it was before with 24/7 anxiety I could not cope or live like that again. Im so frightened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15:
Or could it just be a blip? Grateful for anyones advice thanks xxxxxxxxxxx:scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15:

Allye
21-04-09, 22:36
Strawberry

Your mind is very clever. You put your finger over a flame and it hurts. Your mind says "don't do it again".

You had a previous attack in the pub - your mind is saying - oh this place again - lets initiate the same response as last time.

That is what your mind is programmed to do. Unfortunately it gave the wrong response the first time and you need to teach it to learn a new response.

You did the right thing by trying to distract yourself. You must NOT fear the tricks your mind played on you but rather treat it as a blip.

My counsellor explained this to me during CBT.

Take care
Allye

mysonmarcus
21-04-09, 22:55
Hi Strawberry

Look in your life for instances of stress, if you have been well, you will probably have grown in confidence and not noticed what you will see as small issues......................remeber your nerves react to a stress overload or a worrying unresolved issue.

You dealt with it in the way your instincts dictated you do, please attach no blame to yourself, it will add tension.

Realise that this happening will re-sensitize you, you will feel shaky and unsure for a period of days. Remember what you have been doing that has made you so well and keep doing it.

Look for the worry and you will find the cause.

My very best wishes.

Mark

strawberry1756
21-04-09, 23:05
Allye & Mark,

Thanks for your advice, I will try and keep at what Ive been doing so far & hopefully I will come out better the other side.
xxxxxx:flowers:

mysonmarcus
21-04-09, 23:18
Hi Strawberry

Very good luck to you!

Mark