PDA

View Full Version : I'm not new but want some advice!!

amz
21-04-09, 22:25
Hi guys!!!

I have suffered with panic attacks and anxiety for over a year..!!
Started getting worse Novmeber where i was panicking all day everyday and wouldn't go out anywhere...

Over last 2 months i have slowly been getting better. havnt had a panic attack for 2 months but am still constantly dizzy and lightheaded and feel like i will faint at any mo!!! i am always worrying about illness's and wont take ANY tablets because of side affects etc,
Feel like i will faint at any mo!! BUT NEVER DO... Is this anxiety..??? Its so weird because i am going out and doing normal things again now... Not taking medication and am happy at mo..!!! This is just making me worry allllllll the time....

Will i get better>????

Hope you can help

Amz

mysonmarcus
21-04-09, 23:14
HI AMZ

You are vulnerable with this mind set, I would imagine you are pretty sure deep down that panics although physically repulsive are essentially harmless, if I am right, this stage you are at is "intense heightened self awareness"..........the key here to understanding it is in your words "i am always worrying about illness's"! How can you forget yourself with this background cause??

The awareness registers the slightest physical changes, with me it would have been, light, heat, sneezing, blurred vision , bodily sensations like paon or even hunger and thirst etc etc

The core belief of fear of dying, medical phobia, fear of growing old.....illness connected to personal loss or incapacity and such like will be the cause.

Its liberating to strive to 'live', this mindset is on opposition to the above fears and will bring some balance.

I wish you the very best.

Mark

duskess
22-04-09, 00:21
Hello Amz ,Welcome to NMP , You will get advice and lots of support here, try not to worry to much i know its easier said than done , glad to hear you have slowly been feeling better , i do hope all gets easier for you , take care , best wishes Dusky x:welcome:

Southern_Belle
22-04-09, 03:14
Hi Amz,

Welcome to NMP. You are already getting better and I think will continue to do so. Perhaps you should try counseling for your anxiety. Many here will support you.

Take care,

Laura